Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Le Shuttle Folkestone

2»

Comments

• Options

Addickted said:

This seems to be turning into one of those Top Gear tests :smile:

OK @PragueAddick - the bet is total time taken from the moment you leave your house to the moment you get off the train in Sint Truiden.

Mine will be from the moment I leave my house to the moment I pass the St Truiden sign at the roundabout next to the Stayen.

Prize - a nice hot Belgian waffle purchased from the Town Square with whatever topping you like.

I have no doubt that your recorded times will be 100% accurate as will mine.

Mr 'slightly concerned about the weather' in the heated drivers seat.

Alright, you are on. But don't take it too seriously, get yourself there safe and sound and ready to roll. the bet won't be won or lost on a few minutes on the motorway. If TCE and I make that 4 minute connection in Brussels, you are toast. Or rather waffle. But we might become toast racing to get it.

Looking forward to seeing the Jag cruising round the Grote Markt

PS, I plan to leave my Mum's gaff at 08.15 for the 09.15 Eurostar.

A 20 yard dash in 4 minutes, I'm pretty safe there!
  • Options
    I'm on the 9:15 Eurostar from Ebbsfleet. Will you be in the black and white scarf or the protest shirt? :wink:
  • Options
    I'll probably be wearing a scarf along with a baseball cap to keep my hair out of my eyes. ;)
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

I'm on the 9:15 Eurostar from Ebbsfleet. Will you be in the black and white scarf or the protest shirt? :wink:

Find us in the departure lounge. I'm the bloke in the burka :-)

• Options
    Addickted said:

Probably done well over 100 crossings through the tunnel.

A couple of times there's been a problem and once we diverted to the ferry as we knew there were issues after a fire.

And once some damn fool forgot their passport :wink:

You got a burger king out of it!
  • Options

Onlyme said:

Find us in the departure lounge. I'm the bloke in the burka :-)

I bet it's a yellow puffa one.
  • Options
    If only we had contacted Top Gear earlier....
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Isn't the "shuttle" that thing with all those lorry driver types? Sounds very common, almost Millwallesque. ;)
    Premium class Eurostar for us a @PragueAddick with a a meal included and access to a bar (which is nice).
    Seriously, Im being driven to the station by another Charlton fan who isn't making the trip but offered to give me a lift.
    Charlton fans are a different class.......

The trucks go on the separate freight trains.

My neighbour has a place in France and always uses the Shuttle. Primarily because he gets to stay in the car with his dog. So less stress on the animal. I believe on the channel ferries the dog stays in the car alone and you're not allowed on the car decks during the crossing.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Travel quite a bit on both and to be honest both of them are a mess when things go wrong. Gare du Nord with any kind of delay is an unholy disaster, let alone if it snows.

To all those going a la Belge have a marvellous weekend.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Very pleased with our accomodation for the night - basically an appartment and a very spacious one at that! Nice journey up - no problems on the road. About 7 kms from St Truiden - deliberating whether to get a cab or drive there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And where, pray, will you be cruising at 150 mph?

And when you say, "until the tank empties" if your personal tank doesn't require emptying after six hours of driving, I salute you. I also tend to get hungry, and seek out the dubious delights of the service station

The Eurostar Buffet Car Gang is full of CL big names, and I am honoured to join them, but thank you for your concern.

Kind regards,

"Mr Smug" in seat 61

You actually got the coveted seat 61?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

And where, pray, will you be cruising at 150 mph?

And when you say, "until the tank empties" if your personal tank doesn't require emptying after six hours of driving, I salute you. I also tend to get hungry, and seek out the dubious delights of the service station

The Eurostar Buffet Car Gang is full of CL big names, and I am honoured to join them, but thank you for your concern.

Kind regards,

"Mr Smug" in seat 61

You actually got the coveted seat 61?
    Actually they invited us to spread out in a four seat configuration, so seat 61 went vacant.

@Addickted. Total journey time from my Mums gaff, 4 hours 13 minutes