Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HOW MANY MORE TIMES - BRING BACK CURBS

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    If Duchatelet wants to do something different and visionary, he could make Curbs CEO. He knows how to run this club - accountants can do the crunching but, he would no the basic strategies needed for success. He knows the fans and he knows how to create a great team. One of the things Curbs understood was who was a Charlton player. They were players with hunger and potential, with good characters and hard workers. Maybe they had not fulfilled their full potential and had something to prove. They had to fit. He was interested as much with their personalities and characters as their footballing abilities. But they weren't a template - Curbs accomodated a potentially volatile player like DiCanio incredibly sucessfully. Powell clearly learned this from Curbs and understood what it was to represent this club. He brought Kermogant back to the English game when he was a bit toxic!

I don't think a lot of those who followed have fully got it. And that has been part of the problem and certainly seems to be an issue this year as the ability in the side should comfortably be seeing us in the top six at least. But there is much more to it than that!
  • Options
    It's probably been written many times above, there is a no to very slim chance (and slim's outta town) of Curbishley coming anywhere near a role with the club so long as Duchatelet is the owner and Meire the 'CEO' .. we are gonna be stuck with second raters until the club is sold ..

The next issue is, what very well heeled person of sound mind able to pass the fit and proper test is gonna purchase a club (i.e.CAFC) with a big overhead, a mountain of debt, and a fast diminishing fan base ?
  • Options
    Never going to happen ... and pointless anyway as RD doesn't listen.
  • Options
    Curbs sued west ham due to player transfer fiasco. The disrespect the club showed him.
    The terms were in writing and they were broken.

Fair to say....

curbs working for RD, after hearing what he has to say?

More chance of Kanye west being the next president.
  • Options
    Nebojša Vignjević for me.

OK Ujpest are having a poor season, nestled in mid table just behind the mighty Mezőkövesd-Zsóry - but the fact he hasn't been sacked yet & replaced by Karel Fraeye means he must have something about him.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Nebojša Vignjević for me.

OK Ujpest are having a poor season, nestled in mid table just behind the mighty Mezőkövesd-Zsóry - but the fact he hasn't been sacked yet & replaced by Karel Fraeye means he must have something about him.

Compromising photos of RD?
  • Options
    Well his effigy certainly had a crack or two about his face by the end of the evening.