Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst manager under RD's regime?

Comments

• Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Thomas Driesen

I think he's first choice for Worst Director of Football.
  • Options
    Fraeye, absolutely dire and every night he must have laughed himself to sleep thinking how he was getting away with pretending to be a football manager for so long and also wondering how much longer he could get away with it.

Robinson is bad, but at least he has some credentials to show he is apparently a football manager.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The rot seemed to set in after it became evident that none of the Lookman money was going to be spent. Coincidence?
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

Thomas Driesen

I think he's first choice for Worst Director of Football.
    Hang on a minute. Remember Ms Miere was introduced to people at the training ground as 'sporting director'.
  • Options
    The next one. Going to be a real disaster.
  • Options

It wouldn't surprise me if Tom Rubashow was given the gig. They're spending so much money on PR that isn't cutting the mustard they might as well combine first team manager with the head of comms role

First team management set up for 17/18 season

First team manager Tom Rubashow

Director of football Sue Parkes

Physio Tony Keohane

• Options
    cabbles said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Tom Rubashow was given the gig. They're spending so much money on PR that isn't cutting the mustard they might as well combine first team manager with the head of comms role

First team management set up for 17/18 season

First team manager Tom Rubashow

Director of football Sue Parkes

Physio Tony Keohane

I believe it will be the Sutton sub keeper as the dietitian and the Southend physio as conditioning coach.

There will be no other members of the management team.
  • Options
    Fraeye the lesser manager but his management skills largely unknown and a gamble at appointment. Robinson was appointed on the background of relegation to L1 and taking MKD to the lower echelons of that league. Yes prev promotion but his record when appointed reflects where he is taking us now so with this background a completely stupid appointment because they should have known where he would take us! Fraeye had fewer games in the championship and was rightly sacked! Robinson has had more opportunity but still there! :neutral:
    Why not Jason Euell for rest of season?
  • Options
    Fraeye and KR.
    Fraeye for his lack of football knowledge
    KR for his poor man-management.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I think fraeye was a genius and the mastermind of our survival season. I mean, why haven't any managers at the highest level told their players "SPREAD OUT!"?

The man is a visionary
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye was inept but given his CV did anyone other than Squirrel Face expect anything else? He saw a once-in-a-lifetime chance and grabbed it even though it could only end one way. Powell excepted, most of the others were limited to say the least and probably utterly hamstrung by internal politics.

For me, Robinson may just edge it because he knew what he was getting into and came with a working knowledge of English football. More importantly, he inherited a side in fairly decent, even if not world beating, form and turned them into a side in freefall. And, above all else, Robinson is also managing in a lower division than the others.
  • Options
    Knobinson (very good btw) is one of the most irritating people around. Even his face is annoying. Added to the fact he's shit at his job, I choose him.
  • Options
    I still feel Knobinson is doing a worse job but there's not a lot in it. What will his excuses be if we lose again tomorrow?
  • Options
    Knobinson gets my vote too, never thought anyone could be worse than KF, but he is.
  • Options

Oh Karel...

You're not a fool Neil, far from it :wink:
  • Options
    Michael Appleton
  • Options

Personally I think fraeye was a genius and the mastermind of our survival season. I mean, why haven't any managers at the highest level told their players "SPREAD OUT!"?

The man is a visionary

I thought he said spread out when he was in the laundry basket with Katrein
  • Options
    Statistically as follows - the number after the name indicates the points per season we'd have had if any of them had lasted for 46 league games:

Riga Pt 1 - 69
    Slade and Nugent - 65.4
    Peeters - 57
    Luzon - 52.8
    Riga Pt 2 - 46
    Robinson (so far) - 43.1
    Fraeye - 35.4

Fraeye is easily the worst, though Robinson is now running him a close second.

But: Dowie (30.7) and Reed (26.3) outstrip them all, if that's any consolation.
  • Options

Statistically as follows - the number after the name indicates the points per season we'd have had if any of them had lasted for 46 league games:

Riga Pt 1 - 69
    Slade and Nugent - 65.4
    Peeters - 57
    Luzon - 52.8
    Riga Pt 2 - 46
    Robinson (so far) - 43.1
    Fraeye - 35.4

Again, Reed and Downe were facing Premier opposition, not Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Shrewsbury and Northampton. Knobinson also has added depth to his uselessness - all the inane, contradictory nonsense he spouts at every possible opportunity. He obviously thinks he sounds like he knows what he's talking about and that we are somehow fooled by his mock passion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robinson is a league one Pardew. Wait for him to say "I need to start picking my best side now"
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye was without doubt the pinnacle of shite. At least KR managed a side that was promoted to the championship and we aren't losing by 5 or 6 goals per game.
  • Options

Riga Pt 1 - 69
    Slade and Nugent - 65.4
    Peeters - 57
    Luzon - 52.8
    Riga Pt 2 - 46
    Robinson (so far) - 43.1
    Fraeye - 35.4

Again, Reed and Downe were facing Premier opposition, not Rochdale, Oldham, Bury, Shrewsbury and Northampton. Knobinson also has added depth to his uselessness - all the inane, contradictory nonsense he spouts at every possible opportunity. He obviously thinks he sounds like he knows what he's talking about and that we are somehow fooled by his mock passion.
    The phrase ".....depth to his uselessness....." is quite marvellous and worth using elsewhere!
  • Options

Riga Pt 1 - 69
    Slade and Nugent - 65.4
    Peeters - 57
    Luzon - 52.8
    Riga Pt 2 - 46
    Robinson (so far) - 43.1
    Fraeye - 35.4

Arguably, though, the status issue is offset by access to more resources and better players. If Knobinson had a young Darren Bent available to have him, he might have got a draw at Northampton ...
  • Options
    I like that knobinson is a thing now. Just wish he wasn't a thing I knew about.
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye was unqualified and incompetent. The worst of the worst.
  • Options

Karel Fraeye was unqualified and incompetent. The worst of the worst.

Give Knobinson time, Meire's promised to....
  • Options
    I thought that when Karel Fraeye sent a note onto the pitch to JJ I would never see again but saw it happen on one of the live games the other day, (sorry forgot which one)
  • Options
    Karl is cementing Karel's place in this contest
  • Options

Riga Pt 1 - 69
    Slade and Nugent - 65.4
    Peeters - 57
    Luzon - 52.8
    Riga Pt 2 - 46
    Robinson (so far) - 43.1
    Fraeye - 35.4

Has Robinson gone below Fraeye now?