Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wenger Out protest on Tuesday..

Comments

• Options
    SID said:

So pretty much like a selection of fans at any other club then.

Well yeah that's the point.
  • Options
    Wenger's quotes in the evening standard tonight really sum up his culture of deniability and ultimately are a window into why Arsenal don't compete at the top level. I can't imagine Ferguson coming out with crap about having played Bayern and Barca twice each in the last 6 seasons etc or Arsenal being the worst performing English team only once in the last 9 years.

I appreciate the Arsenal fan's march pales in comparison with regard to the issues at clubs like ours and Blackpool etc, but they just aren't competing on any meaningful level anymore and I believe it's all relative.

I am amazed that a man of his intelligence can tow these lines. Does he seriously look himself in the mirror and believe some of the stuff he has come out with recently. If he does then he's the wrong man for the job.

Whether or not Arsenal will do any better under someone else is debatable, but the langauage and culture under Wenger is one of stagnation. If you stagnate you tend to wither and die in today's ever changing world
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

SID said:

So they're glory hunters who've only followed Arsenal since the Emirates move but are just the same as other fans anyway.

It doesn't seem much of a point to make does it.

• Options
    SID said:

Fiiish said:

SID said:

So they're glory hunters who've only followed Arsenal since the Emirates move but are just the same as other fans anyway.

Not sure what point you're trying to make to be honest. You have a few Gooner mates. Whoop di do. The venom being spat at Wenger is embarrassing and symptomatic of glory hunters who will likely piss off the second Arsenal finish below fourth. You don't think such fans exist but I see plenty of fans who claim that they 'used to support' United or Chelsea but moved on when they missed out on the Champions League.
  • Options
    The best ever piece of glory hunting I ever saw was when a Turkish kid on my road growing up called Mustafa bought a Blackburn shirt the season they won the title. He was about 13 at the time if that. My old man was really chuckling. No one outside Blackburn, supports Blackburn.

I wonder what became of Mustafa's love for Blackburn
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

SID said:

Fiiish said:

SID said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make to be honest. You have a few Gooner mates. Whoop di do. The venom being spat at Wenger is embarrassing and symptomatic of glory hunters who will likely piss off the second Arsenal finish below fourth. You don't think such fans exist but I see plenty of fans who claim that they 'used to support' United or Chelsea but moved on when they missed out on the Champions League.
    The point I'm trying to make is you having a go at Arsenal fans because they're protesting against Wenger which you then bizarrely equate that to glory hunting just because Arsenal are a big and successful club. Personaly I think you come across as more than a bit smug. Charlton fans or any other fans for that matter are no better or worse. There's just less of us and our expectations are in direct proportion to our clubs success and size.
    If we had 5 years of unparalleled success and then relative failure i.e. A prolonged period in the Premier League followed by relegation and failure to get back we would be pissed off as well, wouldn't we.

• Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    SID said:

Fiiish said:

SID said:

Fiiish said:

SID said:

The point I'm trying to make is you having a go at Arsenal fans because they're protesting against Wenger which you then bizarrely equate that to glory hunting just because Arsenal are a big and successful club.
    Well I'm not, so the rest of your post is total gibberish.

My point wasn't that Arsenal fans have no right to demand greater success, I was merely saying the most vocal ones sound like they have no idea what kind of club Arsenal was before Wenger came along, probably because they only started supporting Arsenal because they are big, therefore they're glory hunters. And glory hunters tend to move on once the glory runs out, just like for United and Chelsea.

To provide slightly more context to these protesting gooners, Arsenal only managed to finish in a humble second last year. That's right, they were the second best club out of the thousands of clubs in the UK. Rightly, Wenger should go. Team GB only got a silver in Rugby Sevens at last year's Olympics, I hope the coach resigned in disgrace at such a pitiful performance.
  • Options
    You think I'm talking gibberish? For all the bollox you've come out with so far you might just as well have written up a Christmas pudding recipe, at least it would have a point.

Eventually.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    SID said:

You think I'm talking gibberish? For all the bollox you've come out with so far you might just as well have written up a Christmas pudding recipe, at least it would have a point.

Eventually.

Bizarre. Not sure what I've posted can be construed as bollocks but evidently you can't read since you continuously draw the wrong conclusions from what I've posted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wexit. Bloody helly
  • Options
    It's no KRexit.
  • Options
    So do we get a Duxit? Duchaxit? Rexit? Rolexit?
  • Options

So do we get a Duxit? Duchaxit? Rexit? Rolexit?

Cunxit
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:
    Seems like a perfectly reasonable comparison!
  • Options
    Very harsh.

Mugabe wasn't that bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same old Arsenal - plenty of possession, little cutting edge, no end product but, most of all, no backbone.
  • Options
    Suddenly the top 4 race is looking a bit limp.
  • Options
    Should have been playing against ten for most of the game tbf
  • Options
    They are neat and tidy, pretty on the eye but the complete lack of players with fight and passion is finally catching up with them. They have won only two games in the last seven and they were both against non league sides.
  • Options

Think they'll still somehow manage to get 4th. If Liverpool lose at City the gap is 5 points and they'll have 2 games in hand
  • Options
    Gutless performance today , plenty of possession, but no heart.
  • Options

If United win tomorrow it could be very interesting between 2nd and 5th
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Wegner should be sacked for the whole penis/finger thing....

Brings a new meaning to 'Wenger out'.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Should have been playing against ten for most of the game tbf

Swings and roundabouts, Swings and roundabouts

Wenger knows

Pmsl