Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD statement following Unity Protest in Belgium

2»

Comments

• Options
    Won't we be over there for the Stayen Cup in July? Perfect opportunity.
  • Options

Won't we be over there for the Stayen Cup in July? Perfect opportunity.

No, Congo Cup this summer
  • Options
    Time to piss on his chips - does his company exhibit at the London Motor Show or any trade exhibitions?
  • Options
    sm said:

Time to piss on his chips - does his company exhibit at the London Motor Show or any trade exhibitions?

I like what you did there
  • Options
    I think the in game protests work in moderation. Every game and it becomes self-defeating. There also has to be a freshness about them. The Pigs were so successful, it was hard to beat.
  • Options
    Brilliant, well done.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Redskin said:

It's no doubt be metioned already, but 'Vinegar Pissers' is crying out to be 'reclaimed ' and used by CARD et al.
    'Je suis Vinegar Pisser' springs to mind.

Although it is hilarious, I'd be careful of overdoing it because it's something that is more created in translation than actually spoken.

BTW who was it who said 'Jim says hello' to Brad the ITV cameraman? He forgot to ask for a name.

Incidentally he said Charlton fans are a very friendly bunch. I'd actually been asked to advise whether the team should take protection for the demo (I think someone in the office must have read the official CAFC press release). It wasn't a difficult call.
  • Options
    Am I right in saying the march was not allowed near the stadium? The exemplary behaviour of Charlton fans may mean further trips are given more leeway by the Police, who were impressed judging by the Constables tweet.
  • Options
    I spoke to Brad @JamesSeed nice bloke and was tucking into a camera man sized buffet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A lot closer to the stadium than we feared, less than 100 metres away. Sit was a pretty fair deal in the end.
  • Options
    I have nothing but admiration for what you guys did here, and the way you carried it out. Having said that, I have to ask you whether you think your well mannered efforts have had any effect on Roland ? We need to stay legal with our behaviour, but it is going to take nasty bastards to really hurt him and persuade him to walk away from lining his pockets selling our academy youngsters, our future.
    I keep pushing for a total boycott at games, and sadly tonights pictures from the ground don't look far away. Short term hurt to ourselves, but financial punishment for Roland plus major embarrassment which would give the media a field day.
    Ask yourselves, are we really being nasty enough ?
  • Options
    And how do you rate your chances of persuading a significant number of fans to join you?
  • Options
    I suggest that we sacrifice the opportunity to attend The Valley ( I am doing this now ) to punish Roland financially, set up a marketing team and keep hitting the media in UK and Belgium hard outlining all of the mistakes from Roland and his puppet since they took over. If there is a bit of money available, get Katriens work history and compare it to what is required of a CEO and publish it. Also publish all of Rolands football failures in detail making sure that he gets copies of all this. A small team of clever people could soon have a stack of ideas, and yes ,if chosen I would be prepared to take part.
  • Options
    All of what you have suggested has been done I think.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    dont let him drag us down to his level , we are the best supporters protest group in the country , if only the club was run as well , spread the word and keep the faith
  • Options

Nice idea. Someone went so far as to get quotes from alibaba for pigs with charlton and stvv logos on them, then discussed the idea of an in game protest with the locals and got laughed out of town.

To put this in context, during the game over the weekend while I was at the bar, there was a large rendition of just sell the club from the fans in the north stand.

This was received very badly by the local support there who believe that during the game, you support the team, and after the game you can criticise.

Given this is the current feeling, I am afraid the pigs were shelved for the time being.

I remember being massively against in game protests at the start of our journey and had some very heated debates over one of the first protests in game where something was to happen at a set point in the game. The north stand stopped singing as they were waiting for that moment and in my view at the time, Charlton stopped playing as the support stopped.

I quickly got over that after some sensible words from fellow fans and I became a supporter of in game protests.

It wasn't an easy journey and it is not one that current Sint truiden fans have started on.

So, in game protests really annoy Belgium football supporters. Me thinks another disruption is due.