Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"newly elected supporters council"

Posted this PDF on the POTY on another thread but the last line is interesting.

"Presentation of newly elected supporters council"

So by the end of April they will have organised and held elections for this unknown council.

Or will they have just hand picked them?

Where does this leave the Fans Forum and Target 20k?

I don't want to stand but it would be nice to let other fans know how they can.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/documents/potyd-proposal-for-discussion83-3589748.pdf

Comments

• Options
    I like the line that says 'Ideas welcome'.

Proof they haven't got a clue.
  • Options
    Just fling it in under a subject completely disconnected, and hope that nobody notices. Tick box for FL and FA regs I guess, but still not listening to the fans that they don't want to. How can they chuck the whole revised POTY proposal out there when it has been rejected by the Fans Forum that is supposed to organise it!
  • Options
    why does the Fans Forum need funds raised for it? Anyway, won't it be replaced by the Supporters Council.
  • Options
    Holding the event on a Bank Holiday Weekend, also can see the carnage if we lose to Swindon and get relegated, I personally do not think this format will work, but they could throw in a free match day tickets as part of the deal. Would I pay £35 and get stuck with Roger J on my table, no thanks.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Holding the event on a Bank Holiday Weekend, also can see the carnage if we lose to Swindon and get relegated, I personally do not think this format will work, but they could throw in a free match day tickets as part of the deal. Would I pay £35 and get stuck with Roger J on my table, no thanks.

Sniff.
  • Options
    Who says they can't organise this in time? They are announcing Kid-for-Quid and Football-for-a-Fiver nowadays with virtually no notice or promotion, so I am sure they manage do this. Do you know they have dedicated this evening's big match to Football v Homophobia? That was announced elsewhere yesterday. To be fair, the response to these events is so 'meh' nowadays I can understand the lack of concern over adequate planning. Curry Night anyone? Still haven't heard how the dessert of blueberry muffins went down after the 'spicy balti.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Brown Nose Supporters Council
  • Options
    Hardly the actions of a club looking for a new owner is it ?
  • Options
    If it was an open an elected body then it would not help them much as I can think of some easily elected candidates that would be the club's worst nightmare.
  • Options

Or you could say it is a CEO trying to show prospective new bosses that she is doing her best to win back fans.
  • Options

Alternatively it could just be flattus parping out of the corpse
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Creation of a Pocket Borough.

Judging by the way people are not attending games anymore, soon to become a Rotten Borough.

I nominate Pitt the Even Younger.

LOL, with Pitt the embryo as trainee
  • Options
    Pitt the Toddler
    Pitt the Embryo
    Pitt the Glint in the Milkman's eye.
  • Options
    The SMT has no credibility. Who would want to be on a "Supporters Council" with them? Total waste of time.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    .:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The main flaw in the original fans' forum - and to a lesser extent in the elected director schemes - was that there were not enough people who had any interest in voting, or in the former case in serving.

The only circumstances in which there is likely to be a credible turnout in such elections now is if candidates stand to oppose Duchatelet and Meire, which is presumably the opposite of what they want.

This supporters' council is a fantasy project based on a gross misreading of the fanbase, especially in the current situation. It will be another humiliation for Meire if it proceeds.

I make you right Airman. However you can guarantee it will be season ticket holders only. They won't be ticking the fan engagement box without the democracy and they won't risk that.

If by some miracle they do open it up, we should nominate the CASTrust chair. The trust is the only truly democratic fan organisation we have, and frankly they should stop trying to bypass them and engage properly. About as much chance of that as Meire running the club properly.

Clueless.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    I nominate George Orwell
  • Options

Who says they can't organise this in time? They are announcing Kid-for-Quid and Football-for-a-Fiver nowadays with virtually no notice or promotion, so I am sure they manage do this. Do you know they have dedicated this evening's big match to Football v Homophobia? That was announced elsewhere yesterday. To be fair, the response to these events is so 'meh' nowadays I can understand the lack of concern over adequate planning. Curry Night anyone? Still haven't heard how the dessert of blueberry muffins went down after the 'spicy balti.'

Bloody homophobia let me down for £400, missed a penalty in injury time.

• Options
    rikofold said:

The main flaw in the original fans' forum - and to a lesser extent in the elected director schemes - was that there were not enough people who had any interest in voting, or in the former case in serving.

The only circumstances in which there is likely to be a credible turnout in such elections now is if candidates stand to oppose Duchatelet and Meire, which is presumably the opposite of what they want.

This supporters' council is a fantasy project based on a gross misreading of the fanbase, especially in the current situation. It will be another humiliation for Meire if it proceeds.

I make you right Airman. However you can guarantee it will be season ticket holders only. They won't be ticking the fan engagement box without the democracy and they won't risk that.

If by some miracle they do open it up, we should nominate the CASTrust chair. The trust is the only truly democratic fan organisation we have, and frankly they should stop trying to bypass them and engage properly. About as much chance of that as Meire running the club properly.

Clueless.
    Hang on, didn't the trust say no more dialogue?

Might be wrong, but I am sure that was their stance.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Clueless.
    Hang on, didn't the trust say no more dialogue?

Might be wrong, but I am sure that was their stance.
    Have a look here for clarification back in January;

http://www.castrust.org/2017/01/where-does-cas-trust-stand/

Best to read it all but an extract;

"However, in line with our constitution, we also remain committed to communication. As outlined in our 2015/16 annual report (and confirmed at our November 2016 AGM) we aim to ensure that strategic dialogue in accordance with EFL rules is maximised. The club have stated that the Fans Forum is their preferred vehicle for this. We have serious reservations about the suitability of the Fans Forum for this purpose but we are nevertheless committed to the principle of strategic dialogue and we aim to conduct dialogue in a way which will ensure that the views and aspirations of our members are trenchantly expressed and that the executive are held to account."