Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meire on the BBC

2»

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Liked the way the presenter went for her over her record with us. It's disappointing for women as a whole and us, that she's one of a few in the game and gets this exposure by default

This
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

I am by NO means her biggest fan (and I still think she should resign), but I actually thought she came across OK this morning.

I don't think it's fair to say she was playing the 'gender' card (certainly not in respect of her own experience) - it's clearly what the interviewer was looking for but I think she did quite well not to go down that route. She did admit (almost grudgingly it seems) that some of the abuse she received reference her gender, but then what else could she say? She also accepted that others in her position are also subject to the same level of abuse. I certainly don't feel she was playing the victim - I wouldn't be surprised if she's been advised against this.

The interviewer did press her a little on Charlton's poor performance, but this was never going to be the focus of the interview on International Women's Day on Radio 4.

The two most interesting points for me were that she has ruled herself out of applying for a role on the FA Board (presumably under advice), and secondly that she believes Charlton should be in the Championship. I think this confirms what we all suspected about the long-term ambition for the club (i.e. that there is none). Not sure whether or not she intended to let this slip?

Did the interviewer point out that's exactly where we were before she became CEO?
  • Options
    We do need more women so it is very important she is nowhere near any jobs. You have to get these appointments right.
  • Options
    I assume the interview was in connection with International Women's day. I'm sure there are far more women far better suited to a position on the FA than Meire, who is simply setting herself up as the next Lady Brady: if so, god help football in 10 or 20 years.

I won't listen because Liar has the same effect on me as Thatcher and Bliar: in fact Meire epitomises Bliar - PR, spin, hypocrisy and complete self-interest. Rant over!!!
  • Options

If a male CEO ran the club exactly as she has done he would have got far worse abuse.

I would hope not. I am an equal opportunity abuser.

Perhaps that didn't come out quite as I hoped.
  • Options

If a male CEO ran the club exactly as she has done he would have got far worse abuse.

I would hope not. I am an equal opportunity abuser.

Perhaps that didn't come out quite as I hoped.
    It's unlikely to be a defence that impresses the bench...