Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

International Women's Day: Charlton nominations

8 March is International Women's Day. So it might be a good time to recognise the women who have made a significant, positive contribution to Charlton Athletic over the last few years.

I know that some senior people within the football club read this forum, so it might be useful for them to see that, as Charlton fans, we can recognise when good people deserve credit. Sadly, there is no-one on the board who deserves to be on the list. Although, there are many people who could be, including past and present staff; supporters; women's team players; team support staff. Maybe one day.

In the absence of anyone senior among the staff at Charlton deserving of a place on a list of women making a positive contribution to Charlton Athletic over the last few years, maybe we could come up with a list.

So, I will start -

@Fanny Fanackapan
ALL members of WAR
Tracey Leaburn
Gemma Shepherd

Comments

• Options
    I really like Sue "First Woman of Charlton"'s contributions on Charlton Live. I can't remember her surname, but it sounds like she works with the mascots, which surely puts her on that list.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I really like Sue "First Woman of Charlton"'s contributions on Charlton Live. I can't remember her surname, but it sounds like she works with the mascots, which surely puts her on that list.

Sue Gallop
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    The bird in the East Stand kiosk that gave me a extra sausage in me bun at the £5 game...

Sorry that term is derogatory... I meant treacle!
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

SDAddick said:

Sue Gallop
    Yes! Thank you Louis. She sounds like she does goo works with the children.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Always found a young lady, Paige (don't know her surname) in the ticket office very helpful in what must be a difficult environment to work in, with all the changes that department has had to cope with under the regime.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Sue Perks anyone?

Nah... She doesnt deserve it after ruining Formula One
  • Options
    International Women's Day was meant to be on the 6th March but they took so long getting ready, it was put back 2 days.

*grabs tin helmet*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Sue Perks anyone?

Do you mean would'ya? Not my type