Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby County

Maclaren sacked tonight along with Chris Powell

Comments

• Options
    Gary Rowett would be an excellent choice as replacement seeing he's also played for them longer than any other club
  • Options

Gary Rowett would be an excellent choice as replacement seeing he's also played for them longer than any other club

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already been lined up for the job.
  • Options

Maclaren sacked tonight along with Chris Powell

I was going to LOL that post, until I saw Chris had gone as well.
  • Options

I expect McLaren will be looking for a job in the Netherlands.

For schoor.
  • Options
    Vydra and Anya have played under about 8 managers now in their careers here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So that's both Norwich and Derby who are already thinking ahead to next season, in the middle of March
  • Options
    Come on Beds....
  • Options
    CP out of a job. There could be a vacancy in SE7 shortly if those takeover rumours are true. What a prospect to savour. I am feeling much better tonight.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Come on Beds....

If you insist ;)

Funnily, Appleton's stock has risen since his successful time at Oxford, so it's about time he was genuinely linked with every vacancy :smile:
  • Options
    Here in England it appears we are getting worse than Spain or Italy when it comes to booting out managers.
  • Options
    Shocking statement by the club owner/chairman; really stuck the knife in! Irrespective of what McLaren had or hadn't done, at the end of the day, they were 20th when he got there and they're now 10th!

Always thought he was well overrated and a particularly slimey character, but someone there had it in for him.
  • Options
    I was surprised Powell took the job as assistant there, it's strange for someone to manage in the Championship at 2 different clubs, then become an assistant at a club in the same division

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary Rowett in talks. Would be a good appointment for both.
  • Options
    I agree that owners are often quick to get rid of managers, but the money they have spent in the last 2 seasons, for them to be a midtable Championship side is crazy.

Matej Vydra £8m
    Bradley Johnson £6m
    Jacob Butterfield £6m
    Tom Ince £5m
    Ikechi Anya £4m
    Jason Shackell £3.5m
    Nick Blackman £3m
    Andreas Weimann £3m
    David Nugent £2.5m
    (All reported fees)

In the same time, they have only received notable fees for Jeff Hendrick (£10m) and Lee Grant (£1.3m)

Rough net transfer spend over 2 seasons: £29.5m

So many of these clubs are gambling on promotion to the Premier League, that it is no surprise when the manager is sacked when they aren't anywhere near where they should be.
  • Options

Set to be appointed... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39255324
  • Options

Set to be appointed... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39255324
    Convinced with the freedom to bring in the right characters, and add the right type of extra quality they need, he will gain promotion with them next season.

Performed wonders at Birmingham and Burton with essentially no money to spend at all. Believe he will do a fantastic job if allowed to.

Unfortunately Powell is now without a job, but I'd be happy with Rowett getting Derby promoted next season and Powell coming back home under new owners and doing the same with us. How great would that be?
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

I agree that owners are often quick to get rid of managers, but the money they have spent in the last 2 seasons, for them to be a midtable Championship side is crazy.

Matej Vydra £8m
    Bradley Johnson £6m
    Jacob Butterfield £6m
    Tom Ince £5m
    Ikechi Anya £4m
    Jason Shackell £3.5m
    Nick Blackman £3m
    Andreas Weimann £3m
    David Nugent £2.5m
    (All reported fees)

In the same time, they have only received notable fees for Jeff Hendrick (£10m) and Lee Grant (£1.3m)

Rough net transfer spend over 2 seasons: £29.5m

So many of these clubs are gambling on promotion to the Premier League, that it is no surprise when the manager is sacked when they aren't anywhere near where they should be.

Small fry compared to Villa