Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bradford | Tue 14 Mar | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    He he plays 4-4-2, which changed the game against Scunthorpe, I think 2-1, if he still insists on 4-2-3-1 with Watt on his own, then 1-1
  • Options
    Almost certainly win this and help out Millwall's play-off hopes (again)!
  • Options
    If we fail to win tonight we will be mathematically unable to win the league this season.

• Options
    Surely must be 4-4-2, but who plays I never know anyway, surprise win 2-1.
  • Options
    KR shocks everyone as he remembers that DaSilva is actually a footballer, and gives him 10 minutes to show what he can do
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Favourite Charlton vs Bradford memory is the 4-1 televised victory at The Valley early in the 97/98 season. Bradford had made a decent start to the season and had Eddie Youds playing for them, but we tore them to shreds, despite their Brazilian striker punching one in early in the game. Paul Mortimer scored a superb solo effort - his legs had been ravaged by injuries by then, and he had a running style reminiscent of a frail old man chasing after a bus, but still more than enough class to magically hobble his way through Bradford's defence. Steve Brown scored a 40-yarder and then celebrated by jogging away with a smile on his face, wagging his finger at the sky. Harry Kane, Dele Ali and Son Heung-Ming would be well-advised to watch Steve's celebration so they can see how a real man celebrates scoring a goal. Pat-a-caking divs.

Joyous glimmers of hope this weekend as credible rumours suggest that Roland might be willing to sell the club to someone less stupid than him.
    Meanwhile, Karl's been trying to distract us from his pitifully inept performance since taking over by waffling on about how hard the players will be working over the summer. I thought this was extremely rude - I'm sure Chris Powell is more than capable of deciding on an appropriate pre-season regime, it's really none of your business, scouser.

1-0 defeat, utter boredom, another wasted evening. Don't really care, I'm immune to disappointment now and my expectations are so low that if there is one entertaining moment in the entire game then I'll have got more than I expected. Just sell up and sling your hooks you parasites

Edondo Edinho if I'm not mistaken.......

Was Kamara their manager at the time as well?

Another great memory from that season

As other consolidationists have said, let's please get the draw
  • Options

If we fail to win tonight we will be mathematically unable to win the league this season.

Splitter!

There is no way we can fail tonight. Hooray for the regime, bon chance to the lovely Addicks!
  • Options
    3 home games on the spin...a win and a draw so far...inevitable loss 0-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

KR shocks everyone as he remembers that DaSilva is actually a footballer, and gives him 10 minutes to show what he can do

And then KR can get reported to the Child Protection officers when he is beaten up by some big bully from Yorkshire.
  • Options

Really hope we don't finish 2nd - would prefer the play-off final and a trophy
  • Options
    Can I suggest we occupy one row per person so it is easier to count the number of people actually attending. It's easier to count during the dull periods of the game.
  • Options

Anyone know what injury Solly has?

Broken heart.
    I heard he injured himself when getting sent off. Calf injury I think.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Can I suggest we occupy one row per person so it is easier to count the number of people actually attending. It's easier to count during the dull periods of the game.

So approx after 5 mins when we go 1 nil down then...that's a whole lot of slow counting to do...!!

• Options
    still can't decide whether to go or not tonight, even got a Bradford fan in my office who's going

the flat pack waiting to be built at home may well win
  • Options
    Won't be there as I'm at Cheltenham this week. Hoping for a win but would take a draw. 1-1
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Anyone know what injury Solly has?

Broken heart.
    I heard he injured himself when getting sent off. Calf injury I think.
    So that's why the club didn't bother appealing against his sending off - he was injured anyway?

• Options
    Tonight will be my first home match of the season, it has been the longest gap I have for a home match since 1985. I can't really put into words about how I feel about it, obviously I am looking forward to seeing the boys play but not looking forward to what the Valley will look and feel like when I am inside. Lets get the 3 points lads!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If we start like we did on Saturday we'll get thrashed. Knobby will no doubt pull the names out of a hat when it comes to team selection and as for the formation he seems to have given up.

3-0 to Bradford. Crowd 3245.

Physically in the ground. But given attendance around 8 thousand something. But that said I reckon Bradford might bring quite a few down themselves. Well supported and on a decent run. Even though it 's evening. So mabe 3245 physically in the home areas.
  • Options

For what it's worth I guess. But also for what it's to get in the play-offs I think we have to win every game which will put us on 73 but even that probably won't be enough. Just saying. Just harmless fun.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I remember thinking before Scunthorpe last week we would win, draw and lose in our 3 homes games coming up before Sheffield United. But didn't know which order. Scunny we won, Walsall we drew and that mean Bradford... 'O blimey!'

Let's just hope it ain't too severe if my pattern follows.
  • Options
    Nailed in defeat

For what ever reason we looked out on our feet after Saturday

1-3
  • Options
    Must be mad, I've put a bet on us to win 3-1. (28/1)
  • Options
    First game of the season too. Hoping for a thrilling 3-2 win. Expecting a less than thrilling 1-2 defeat
  • Options
    Will be very happy with a draw, as we limp towards the 50/52 point mark and safety. We're likely to lose at Bramall Lane, so need to take something from the game.

If we play Watt up front on his own, it's difficult to see us troubling them offensively.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    This would be ok, but might lead to a 4-3 or a 3-4:

Rudd
    Byrne | Ulvestad | Teixeira | Chicksen
    Botaka | Jackson | Aribo | Holmes
    Watt | Novak
  • Options
    Last midweek game this season...the season is coming to an end....yay!!!! Bradford will be strong but our luck is perhaps moving in our favour 1-1 as we again nick a point.
  • Options

For what it's worth I guess. But also for what it's to get in the play-offs I think we have to win every game which will put us on 73 but even that probably won't be enough. Just saying. Just harmless fun.
    Yes, harmless fun that could so easily descend into ugly, mindless violence.