Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Bradford

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rudd: 5.5
    Page: 5
    Teixeira: 7.5
    Bauer: 7
    Jackson: 7.5
    Holmes: 8
    Ulvestad: 7
    Crofts: 7
    Chicksen: 7.5
    Watt: 7
    Novak: 6.5
  • Options
    Rudd: 6
    Page: 6.5
    Teixeira: 7
    Bauer: 7.5
    Jackson: 7
    Holmes: 8
    Ulvestad: 7.5
    Crofts: 6
    Chicksen: 6
    Watt: 7.5
  • Options
    Page: 5.5
    Teixeira: 7.5
    Jackson: 8
    Holmes: 7.5
    Crofts: 6.5
    Chicksen: 7
  • Options
    Rudd - 5
    Page - 6
    Teixeira - 8
    Bauer - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Holmes - 7
    Ulvestad - 6.5
    Crofts - 5
    Chicksen - 6.5
    Watt - 7
    Novak - 6
  • Options
    Rudd: 5.5 Confidence is shot now, as the season is a write off play Phillips
    Page: 6 Couple of shaky moments but ok otherwise.
    Teixeira: 7.5 Not a fan of his generally but had a good game.
    Bauer: 7 Couple of classy interceptions and tackles
    Jackson: 7 Was surprised how sharp he was in the tackle. Good free kick
    Holmes: 8.5 Ran himself into the ground, not everything came off but he's a class act.
    Ulvestad: 6 Fairly quiet, one lovely turn to take out two players.
    Crofts: 5.5 Woeful first half but improved as the game went on
    Chicksen: 5.5 Playing a left footer at RB never ends well. Looked uncomfortable but out of position.
    Watt: 7 Worked hard, coupled in with a couple moments of quality.
    Novak: 5.5 Poor
  • Options
    Rudd: 5 At fault for the goal. Should have held it. What I would call "a David James moment". Other than that, had little to do.

Page: 7 Best I've seen him play by a country mile. Was a real threat with his marauding runs in the 2nd half. Shame about the injury. My biggest criticism us he gets dragged out of position too easily. Was covered by Jacko a couple of times.

Teixeira: 6.5 Solid. Extra 0.5 for the goal. 0.5 taken off for heading it straight at the keeper, when it looked easier to score.

Bauer: 6 Also solid.

Jackson: 7 Another skipper's performance. Loved to see him geeing everyone up in the pre-match huddle. Lost count if the number of near post headers he won from Bradford corners. So wished for that free kick to go in. Will get an extra point from me every match he plays, because he is Jacko. Legend.

Holmes: 7 Unusually quiet in the first half, but awesome in the second. His dead ball delivery is really good, and caused them problems all night.

Ulvestad: 7 Quietly efficient. Two moments stuck in my mind. First was the shot that the goalkeeper had waved goodbye to, that drifted just wide, and the second was a lovely drop of the shoulder to leave an attacker chasing shadows while he was in the right back position.

Crofts: 6 Worst performance I've seen from him in the 1st half. Always behind the play, missed tackles and misplaced passes. Massive improvement in the 2nd, when he was much more involved. Culminating in his effort for goal of the season.

Chicksen: 6 Did OK. Struggled a little at the start, as the narrow midfield gave him no protection. Improved when Novak started playing on the right to help him out.

Watt: 7 MOTM I make no bones about it, I have been very critical of TW, but last night he was excellent. Good work rate, decent skill, and always a threat. Would have been a higher score but for the horribly skied shot.

Novak: 7 Another contender for MOTM. Probably more successful tackles than any of the defenders. Prodigious workrate for a striker. The "miss"? Ball was hit towards him at a 100 mph. He got something on it, but it was always going to be pot luck if it went in or not. In the last 3 home games, has probably worked as hard as anyone else in a red shirt.
  • Options
    Rudd: 5 could have done better with their goal.
    Page: 7 he actually played well last night. Good performance, well done to him.
    Teixera: 7.5 Extra half for the goal.
    Bauer: 7 Great effort & committment, especially as back from injury.
    Jackson: 7 Good game, great effort.
    Holmes: 7.5 MOM on effort.
    Ulvestad 6.5
    Crofts: 6
    Chicksen: 6 Struggled at RB, as he can't kick with his right foot.
    Watt: 7 Did well put in a lot of effort
    Novak:6

The most committed I've seen us all season.
  • Options
    Page: 6
    Teixeira: 7
    Jackson: 7
    Holmes: 7.5
    Ulvestad: 7.5
    Crofts: 7
    Watt: 7.5
  • Options
    Rudd - 5 - Poor goal.
    Page - 6.5 - Decent until he had to go off, much improved.
    Tex - 7 - Much better than recent weeks.
    Bauer - 7.5 - Likewise.
    Jackson - 8.5 - Class. Lovely passes, crunching tackles and a menace in both boxes. There is life in the old dog yet.
    Holmes - 8 - A standard Ricky Holmes display.
    Ulvestad - 7 - Tidy.
    Crofts - 5 - Seems to have gone back to the "old" Crofts after his upturn in performances.
    Chicksen - 6 - Nothing special, coped well with being played out of position.
    Watt - 7.5 - Seems to have regained a bit of confidence after the goals.
    Novak - 5 - Surprised by the marks. Felt that, while I concede he occasionally linked well with Watt, it wasn't a good performance at all.
  • Options
    Page: 2
    Teixeira: 6
    Bauer: 6
    Jackson: 5
    Holmes: 7
    Crofts: 5
    Novak: 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will you ever give a set of marks without some ludicrous scapegoat? Not enough attention as a kid or something?
  • Options

I know no comments are allowed, but it's impossible not to when Page who had a very good game gets marked 2.
    Obviously didn't watch the game.
  • Options
    Rudd: 6 - should have done better with their goal, but was let down a little by those in front of him.
    Page: 6 - best game he's had for us. Still a lot of heart in mouth moments.
    Teixeira: 7 - not as good at the back as people believe, has errors in him through complacency. Goals invaluable though.
    Bauer: 6 - solid, not spectacular.
    Jackson: 6 -. 2 paces behind the game a lot of the time. Cares though and good influence.
    Holmes: 8 - shame he carries the team when it comes to hassling and closing down. Too fucked by the time it comes to attacking.
    Ulvestad: 6 - improvement in him recently, looks better when players around him are interested / playing well
    Crofts: 6 - often unfairly marked and criticised. Experienced head that knows the game...similar to JJ, needs 'legs' around him. (Oi oi)
    Chicksen: 6 - Usually has 1 mistake a game in him, but one of our most consistent performers...says a lot about the season when the utility man is Mr consistent
    Watt: 6 - still incredibly frustrating...always looking to beat the 3rd, 4th, 5th man. Runs in to players to buy fouls when he doesn't fancy a run.
    Novak: 6 - second half like a man possessed. Who knew he had a bit of pace about him.
    Newton: 4 - he has kids
  • Options

I know no comments are allowed, but it's impossible not to when Page who had a very good game gets marked 2.
    Obviously didn't watch the game.
    I was not at the game, but surely there could be a way to dismiss silly marking (preferential treatment, to an extent) for example if you took away the highest and lowest score/ or something along that lines. I do think its rather unfair that a mark of 2 goes in for the average when clearly others have said he played well. Although maybe it will get too complicated to think of another system and to discount peoples silly marks.