Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I feel like we have been perennial slow starters for many years now. Maybe it's been our lack of a creative midfielder so we can only start to break teams down when the game opens up as players tire.
  • Options
    Great, good squad player. However if we harbour dreams of promotion, we are going to need better players.
  • Options
    'in contract and planning to be here next season' sounds like a players equivalent of 'the clubs not for sale for now' ....just saying
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

'in contract and planning to be here next season' sounds like a players equivalent of 'the clubs not for sale for now' ....just saying

I agree, hardly as if he's going to say 'I've already agreed a deal with 'xyz' and showed everyone my new contract on my phone the other day' is he. Can't see him being here next season.
  • Options
    bye then patrick
  • Options
    More than good enough for League One but not suited to KR's high defensive line which has caught him out several times. Not sure what the solution is other than to perfect the offside trap.
  • Options
    Sadly if RD is still the owner in the summer it wont be down to Bauer if he stays.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bauer is under contract, so by default he's planning to be here next season...

It also has to be said, that he hasn't consistently performed at a level which would get Championship type clubs interested in him either. Even last season, while far better than Sarr he still looked quite raw (2 red cards being a sign of that)
  • Options
    Complete non story, the guy is under contract so he can't exactly turn round and say "i'm planning to get the fuck out of here".
  • Options

Sadly if RD is still the owner in the summer it wont be down to Bauer if he stays.......

How so? Players can't be forced to sign for other teams.
  • Options

You what ??? what planet have you been on for the past 20 years ?

If a manager or chairman /owner doesn't want a player then he wont be staying
  • Options
    I think Bauer is definitely worth keeping
  • Options

Winston Bogarde.
  • Options
    That's good of him.
    I'll start contributing to his wages again next season if his boss buggers off.
  • Options

What planet have you been on? The manager can choose not to play the player, the club can choose to fire the player, neither can MAKE the player sign for anyone else.

Go back to your biblical parodies...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bauer secures summer exit by agreeing to Rubinstein PR stunt in support of Gobshite.
  • Options
    Cheers Paddy - really good of you to stay where you're contracted and paid to be.
  • Options

No-brainer really that he should start for us if he's in any vein of form.

In a way, it's a good thing that he's not done enough this season to really warrant any interest from a higher league. Assuming Tex goes I'd be happy with him and Pearce 1st choice pairing with Lennon & someone else backing up.

Will Naby Sarr return? If I'm reading this correctly, he was a regular starter until November, but was then dropped (not injured)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/naby-sarr/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/203532/saison/2016/wettbewerb/FR2/verein/1154
  • Options

If a player wants to sit and rot in the reserves cashing that pay check there's nothing the club can do.

How many players have we had to pay off over the years that had been total failures, if we could have just forced them to sign for another club, why wouldn't we.
  • Options
    We just cancel their contracts and then they sign elsewhere! Even Ba has managed to find another club within a few weeks.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

We just cancel their contracts and then they sign elsewhere! Even Ba has managed to find another club within a few weeks.

But then you end up paying most of their wages anyway
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

But then you end up paying most of their wages anyway
    Agreed, poor business acumen.
  • Options
    Does he have a brother? I notice Ujpest have a P Bauer in their squad... Maybe a new Driesden player acquisition technique?