Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking at The Valley

Got a friend whose son is involved in a charity match at The Valley soon. He has asked me where it's best to park, as I have not been to a game by car for about 20 years, where would you suggest I tell him, gang?

Comments

• Got a friend whose son is involved in a charity match at The Valley soon. He has asked me where it's best to park, as I have not been to a game by car for about 20 years, where would you suggest I tell him, gang?

If it's a charity game surely the car park can be used?
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Got a friend whose son is involved in a charity match at The Valley soon. He has asked me where it's best to park, as I have not been to a game by car for about 20 years, where would you suggest I tell him, gang?

If it's a charity game surely the car park can be used?
    I have no idea, I will tell him that, but just in case he can't any suggestions would be gratefully received.
  • I always head for Hornfair Road, it's the nearest outside controlled parking area.
  • Thanks Dips!
  • edited March 2017
    If you tell him to Park in Hornfair Road on a non match day your mate will not thank you.

• So restricted parking is only on matchday Bren? Can he park around Floyd Rd (if he can find a space)?
  • *your
  • edited March 2017
    There is restricted parking near the station so I would avoid those roads. But just tell him to park in the car park, most simplest thing to do. But you can park half way up Harvey Gardens, Lansdowne Lane, Charlton lane, unless its changed in the past few months.

• That's useful - thanks Bren.
  • Apparently it's that You Tube thing, so restrictions will probably be in place? I'll suggest Hornfair Rd.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2017

I always head for Hornfair Road, it's the nearest outside controlled parking area.

Thorntree Road is never a problem for parking and looks a lot closer. Coxmount Road is considerably closer and available if you get lucky.
  • Thanks Martin.
  • Fancy a long NY walk in this mild weather before the game today. 

Has anybody parked at Thames Barrier car park on a matchday? 

• The road leading down to the Thames Barrier always has plenty of restriction free parking available
  • Btw, what (if any) are the parking restrictions today ? I would usually say that on NY Day there aren't any but seeing as Monday is the "Public Holiday" for today (as today is a Saturday) then is today just a normal day & restrictions apply ?
  • The road leading down to the Thames Barrier always has plenty of restriction free parking available
    What does the Black box say, stat wise, for wing mirror retention? 
  • Btw, what (if any) are the parking restrictions today ? I would usually say that on NY Day there aren't any but seeing as Monday is the "Public Holiday" for today (as today is a Saturday) then is today just a normal day & restrictions apply ?

From Greenwich Council Site

Parking on bank holidays

On 25 and 26 December and 1 January parking controls in controlled parking zones in most areas of Royal Greenwich do not apply. On those days, street parking is free and pay-and-display bays and metered bays can also be used with no charge.

On all other bank holidays, normal daily parking restrictions apply.

Any exceptions, where controls still apply, are clearly displayed by signs on the street. For single yellow lines outside controlled parking zones, the normal restrictions will apply and motorists should consult signs on the street in the usual way.

Do you what you normally do for a 3pm kick off on a Saturday afternoon 
  • edited January 2022
    Dansk_Red said:
    Btw, what (if any) are the parking restrictions today ? I would usually say that on NY Day there aren't any but seeing as Monday is the "Public Holiday" for today (as today is a Saturday) then is today just a normal day & restrictions apply ?

From Greenwich Council Site

Parking on bank holidays

On 25 and 26 December and 1 January parking controls in controlled parking zones in most areas of Royal Greenwich do not apply. On those days, street parking is free and pay-and-display bays and metered bays can also be used with no charge.

On all other bank holidays, normal daily parking restrictions apply.

Any exceptions, where controls still apply, are clearly displayed by signs on the street. For single yellow lines outside controlled parking zones, the normal restrictions will apply and motorists should consult signs on the street in the usual way.

Thank you.

Does that also apply to the ****'s that block legitimate parking bays outside their houses with cones /planks of wood / other detritus which then means law abiding motorists have to find non-legitimate places to park. 
  • I noticed 3 electricity charging bays on Park Drive the other day. Handy if you have an EV.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    I noticed 3 electricity charging bays on Park Drive the other day. Handy if you have an EV.
    Expensive ones to use, they cost about 70p per KW and then 5p per minute to stay connected after you're charged.