Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Utd v Charlton | Sat 18 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

OK FA, you have had a laugh and got fans talking, now can we have the real team :smile:

I put the real team up @ 11:22am :)
    That is better, but I would prefer 2 up front Watt and Novak
    To be fair from my "joke" team you could probably bench Teixeira or one of the defenders, have Novak up front and then Watt just behind him.

Or the other way round of course... Cant really see two Strikers against Sheffield United though
  • Options
    1-0 to the Addicks. Jackson free kick
  • Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

OK FA, you have had a laugh and got fans talking, now can we have the real team :smile:

I put the real team up @ 11:22am :)
    That is better, but I would prefer 2 up front Watt and Novak
    To be fair from my "joke" team you could probably bench Teixeira or one of the defenders, have Novak up front and then Watt just behind him.

Or the other way round of course... Cant really see two Strikers against Sheffield United though
    The thing is, has anyone second guessed KR yet?
  • Options
    Port vale to win tonight
    Charlton to lose tomorrow
    Port vale to win Tuesday.

Sorry if I sound like a vinegar pisser

Just sell the club
  • Options
    2-2
  • Options
    We win 3-1 an play them off the park, Watt gets a brace an Tex from a corner. We all then wonder just what the feck has been wrong since Christmas !
  • Options
    Could be anything but my guess is 4-0
  • Options

Absolutely no idea of the line-up, or the formation.
    I've given up guessing or predicting either.

However, I'm pretty confident it'll be 3-4 or 4-3.

Up The Addicks!
  • Options
    Pressure for the moment seems to be off us. Sheffield have been conceding goals and need to get over the line. A surprise could be in store and I will go for 1-1.
  • Options
    I fancy us to get a 1-0 win don't know why just got a gut feeling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We appear to have settled for mid table mediocrity and at least drawing rather than losing, but can't see any way we are going to get in the way of a home win here.
  • Options

Pressure for the moment seems to be off us. Sheffield have been conceding goals and need to get over the line. A surprise could be in store and I will go for 1-1.

Not being funny, but how is 1-1 a surprise?
  • Options
    Charlton are 6/1 for the win.
  • Options
    Sheffield Utd have come good......nuff said .

• Options
    edited March 2017

Sheffield Utd have come good......nuff said .

I'm sure me and you have had this exchange before mate but even a broken clock is right twice a day, you're five bloody years late :wink: .
  • Options
    I'd play Jacko from the start, his leadership and knack for a goal in this sort of match could prove vital. Can't see us manning the barricades for ninety minutes so I'd go out and attack from the off, Holmes, Botaka, Watt in behind Novak, try and get at them early. Honestly haven't a clue what Robinson will do, but it will either be a heroic 1-0 win or humiliating 4-0/5-1 loss. Hats off to all travelling.
  • Options
    Ulvestad being left out again? Thought he played well last 2 games
    1-2 watt first goalscorer
  • Options
    Just beginning to see Port Vale in the rear view mirror now.
    Karl, after listening to your pre-match views on Sheff Utd, a little bit assumptive about our League One status for next season I would suggest.
    0-3 defeat.
  • Options
    2-0 to the addicks - BWP & Big Yann to score.............no wait, that was when we were good & stormed the league.

more like the last time we went there - hopeless & ineffective up front.

2-0 to Sheff U.
  • Options
    Ola ola ola ola...We gonna win 1 nil,we gonna win 1nil ,1-nil...etc etc..hope more than anything...Cmon u Red n White Army...!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The manager plays with a lineup that Roland Duchatalet objects to. 2-0 defeat and the manager is sacked a couple of days later.

• Options
    We have only lost 3-0 once this season?
  • Options
    I don't think it'll be that bad...the players will be close enough to the truth about the new owners / takeover talk. The thought of Douchebag the Dollop selling will increase morale and we'll draw 1-1
  • Options
    JJ has to start. However as I recall we don't tent to do well away to the Sheffield sides. A draw is probably the best we can hope for.
  • Options

JJ has to start. However as I recall we don't tent to do well away to the Sheffield sides. A draw is probably the best we can hope for.

Can see them camping in our half for much of the game tbh ;)
  • Options
    I think this is a game where a win isn't out of the question, but we'll need a little luck.
  • Options

Ulvestad being left out again? Thought he played well last 2 games
    1-2 watt first goalscorer

Genuinely forgot about Ulvestad
  • Options
    Absolutely no idea what the result will be, as the team is so unpredictable and tends to play better against the better teams.

I'm sure Sheffield would have been impressed by our second half performance on Tuesday though, which shows the level of football we are potentially capable of
  • Options
    I would take a Sladelike 1-1 right now.