Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield United v Charlton Athletic. Saturday 18th March 2017, 3pm KO. MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

I assume Joe Aribo is injured.

Has anyone any news on Joe's injury?
  • Options
    hahahaha yes, yes I can
  • Options
    This is the kind of game that we will be suited to in this formation i reckon I predict a comftable 2-0 win
  • Options
    They will play with a back three with the two wide players bombing on,
    Holmes and either Konsa or JFC will need to take responsibility. Neither is afraid of a foul so they need to take care.
    If we can get in behind them in wide areas on the counter attack we might do something, if Byrne and Chicksen can take turns themselves bombing on we might get lucky.
    In earlier matches this season our players slipped over a lot. There is slight drizzle at Bramall lane, so I hope we get the footwear right!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Leuth said:

Player for player I don't see how they're any better than us. So it's all about organisation. KR, let's see it

Have you noticed that Billy Sharp has scored 26 goals so far this season? And that our leading scorer has eight?
    He's the obvious exception, but no more talented than Watt. Better currently, yes. But potentially, Watt could outdo him.
  • Options
    Cheers to Jimmy & Seth & others for your updates. Looking forward to the splinter update and any positive news on the romance front from Jimmy.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Leuth said:

Player for player I don't see how they're any better than us. So it's all about organisation. KR, let's see it

Have you noticed that Billy Sharp has scored 26 goals so far this season? And that our leading scorer has eight?
    a one man team then...
  • Options
    Leuth said:

cafcfan said:

Leuth said:

He's the obvious exception, but no more talented than Watt. Better currently, yes. But potentially, Watt could outdo him.
    I think whatever the comparative level of the players, which one will be more of a team.
    We have barely looked a balanced team at all this season, I hope Karl has listened to you and organised what we have into a team with some degree of coherence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a fairly attacking lineup but when the front 2 are Novak and Watt, it doesn't exactly scream goals.
  • Options

4-4-2 diamond according to KR

----------Rudd

Byrne Teixeira Bauer Chicksen

---------Ulvestad

------Konsa-----JFC

----------Holmes

--------Novak Watt

I wish I read this before hearing nobinson talk crap for 90 seconds
  • Options

Cheers to Jimmy & Seth & others for your updates. Looking forward to the splinter update and any positive news on the romance front from Jimmy.

The splinter finally left me yesterday afternoon, which means it lasted longer than the last relationship. I have since decided to take a break from rubbing my hands on wood, as it were, and focus on my commentary duties.
  • Options
    Sham 69 on the tannoy!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The splinter finally left me yesterday afternoon, which means it lasted longer than the last relationship. I have since decided to take a break from rubbing my hands on wood, as it were, and focus on my commentary duties.
    We are all scratching our heads in wonder as to what is happening with our club
  • Options
    C'mon you Addicks!
  • Options
    5 mins until kick off...not really feeling it, and that's what would interest me more than anything about new owners - getting excited at 2.55pm again.
  • Options
    The teams are now taking to the pitch.
  • Options
    The teams are coming out.

When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’
    Along, along,
    There’ll be no more sobbin’
    As he keeps throbbin’
    His old, sweet song,
    Wake up! Wake up, you sleepy head.
    Get up! Get up get out of bed.
    Cheer up! Cheer up, the sun is red.
    Live, love, laugh and be happy!

What if I feel blue?
    I’ll go walking through
    Fields of flowers.
    Rain may glisten, but still I listen
    For hours, and hours.
    I’m like a kid again,
    Doing what I did again,
    Singing this song,
    When the Red Red Robin
    Goes bob bob bobbin’ along!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These are the people I will be trying to name over the next 90 minutes.

Moore
    Fleck
    O’Connell
    Basham
    Sharp
    Coutts
    Hanson
    Freeman
    Ebanks-Landell
    Duffy
    Lafferty

I don't like typing O' names, so I'll call him Connell. Ebanks has one too many names too.

• Options
    C'mon Charlton
    Win this and we are safe for another season in league one.

Thanks Roland you twat
  • Options
    Bollox! My Stan James app is now working... It's official, i will never learn. Bye bye fiver!
  • Options
    Jonathan Buchan is the commentator for Sheffield United.
    Sharp needs two goals for his 200.
    We are in the purple kit.
    United kicking the right way for them
    We have kick off.
  • Options
    We will be kicking off. There's a sing-a-long occurring first.
  • Options
    Off we go.
  • Options
    ⚽ KICK-OFF | 1' We are off and under way at Bramall Lane... #cafc
  • Options
    IT'S ON! Ulvestad kicks off. We go long, Basham wins it, Holmes gets it and tries to beat his man, but we get a throw.
  • Options
    Byrne to Holmes, looks for Novak but no joy. They clear, we have a throw in their half. Byrne again, finds Watt, back to Byrne, he's tackled and Duffy takes it away.
  • Options
    1' Early corner for Charlton as Forster-Caskey sees an effort blocked...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!