Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IRELAND v WALES

Could be a right tear up, World Cup qualification is at stake .. plenty of Celtic passion is sure to be on show ((:>)

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Hmmm... who do I detest the most?

Nah, Bale clinches it, 1-2 to the Oirish!
  • Hmmm... who do I detest the most?

I don't really detest either, but I'll be supporting the Irish for family reasons.
  • Hoping it's a draw so it allows Serbia to qualify.
  • what was the minute applause about on the fifth minute?
  • edited March 2017

what was the minute applause about on the fifth minute?

Derry City captain, Ryan McBride, died last week.
  • Is that why they're wearing black armbands?
  • Not the most entertaining game so far.
  • wtf is that trumpet all about? is that played over the tannoy??
  • wtf is that trumpet all about? is that played over the tannoy??

It's apalling isn't it. Would kill any atmosphere stone dead I think.
  • very poor from Taylor .. deserves a 3 month ban .. feel so sorry for Coleman, a generally tough but fair competitor .. hard on Everton as well
  • Sponsored links:

• very poor from Taylor .. deserves a 3 month ban .. feel so sorry for Coleman, a generally tough but fair competitor .. hard on Everton as well

Terrible tackle. You're right.
  • Worst game of football I've ever seen. And I've seen some guff.
  • Really sorry for Coleman, a cracking player. A bad tackle but seen a lot worse without incident.
  • I didn't think the tackle looked that bad at real time viewing, and he seemed very upset when walking off after receiving a red. What a shoking game of football that was though
  • Same could have happened with Bale's challenge a few mins before.
  • edited March 2017
    Saw a photo of the tackle, at the point of impact, it was more a case of Seamus hitting Taylor's leg with his shin, than Taylor hitting Seamus. In this day, reckless.

Hope Seamus has a speedy recovery.
  • edited March 2017

Same could have happened with Bale's challenge a few mins before.

and Whelan is lucky to escape after his blatant elbow on Allen .. all in all a bit of a nasty and niggely game between two indifferent teams .. Wales were over keen to show that their Euro exploits were not just a flash in the pan .. increasingly it looks as if they were
  • Worst game of football I've ever seen. And I've seen some guff.

You wait ages & then you see two in one weekend!
  • Bale trying to appeal his yellow card.
    The ref on Friday was the same one when Luke Shaw broke his leg v PSV.

How the hell can you appeal a Yellow Card when no one is allowed?
  • Sponsored links:

How the hell can you appeal a Yellow Card when no one is allowed?
    Never mind for that tackle, yes he was trying to score, doesn't mean you can go in recklessly and as dangerous as he did to do so. Although I think it was Niall Quinn who picked up on it before, in actual fact the yellow card punishes Ireland in a way because they are hoping Wales get something in Serbia.
  • The tackle showed why it is right for refs to send players off when they go in whitout control - as this can happen. These sort of tackles (and we see then regularly) need to be iradicated. The reason they are not can only be that the punishment is not hard enough.

I bet you that if there was a 10 game ban for an uncontrolled dangerous tackle, we would see a lot less of them.
  • Yes, I agree. The punishment should be harder.