Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce - Been a waste of a season

2»

Comments

• Options

JamesSeed said:

How would playing Pearce, Tex and Bauer as a back three with wing backs pan out do we think? Against strong opposition it might be worth a try?
    I'm expecting at least one of the above to be departing in the summer, so any replacement could fill the gap, or Konsa if we keep him.

I've gone off Bauer a bit lately, doesn't seem as solid as he once was. Same could be said about Solly really!
    Bauer always was promising but liable to make stupid mistakes, so I don't think he's changed much really
    Difficult for any defender to look totally solid when the defensive lineup changes as often as it has for us this season. All the most successful sides, these days, will rotate in attack, but leave the defence creatively unchanged because it is all about partnerships and understandings. It's a team game everywhere on the pitch, but particularly in defence.

Bauer is only 24 now, indeed he was just 22 when he signed, so still relatively inexperienced for that position, so needs an experienced leader (like Pearce) alongside him

I was thinking back to last season. He may have been the best of that summer's spreadsheet signings, but still managed to get sent off twice in 4 months
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

How would playing Pearce, Tex and Bauer as a back three with wing backs pan out do we think? Against strong opposition it might be worth a try?
    I'm expecting at least one of the above to be departing in the summer, so any replacement could fill the gap, or Konsa if we keep him.

I've gone off Bauer a bit lately, doesn't seem as solid as he once was. Same could be said about Solly really!
    Bauer always was promising but liable to make stupid mistakes, so I don't think he's changed much really
    Difficult for any defender to look totally solid when the defensive lineup changes as often as it has for us this season. All the most successful sides, these days, will rotate in attack, but leave the defence creatively unchanged because it is all about partnerships and understandings. It's a team game everywhere on the pitch, but particularly in defence.

So true. That's partly why it's been such a weird season; really hard to judge the team, because there's been about twenty teams this season. Not to mention two managers, and about a hundred coaches.