Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paddy Power using The Toolbox in their advert?

I've just seen the PP advert during the half-time break of England v Lithuania. That is The Toolbox, isn't it? If it isn't, there's some other poor club with a shit hole of a ground that looks just as bad.

Comments

• Options
    They used us for a previous advert so we can hardly complain
  • Options
    Yes it is... If you go on the Paddy Power twitter account there is a picture of the "Bus Driver" outside the Ground. If you zoom in on the entrance to the main stand you can see the Millwall badge
  • Options
    They used it for their previous ad too didn't they?
    The singing steward inside the ground.
  • Options
    We were used in about 3 different betting ads at the same time
  • Options
    From what I've seen on ads and TV, most filming that requires a football ground is done either at the Valley or the Toolbox. Don't seem to see other grounds as often.
  • Options
    IA said:

From what I've seen on ads and TV, most filming that requires a football ground is done either at the Valley or the Toolbox. Don't seem to see other grounds as often.

Yes, they're convenient for the London agencies, big enough to look like "proper" stadiums, not too distinctive (Craven Cottage say) and relatively cheap
  • Options
    Thought it looked like the Amex stadium
  • Options
    IA said:

Isnt it because both the Valley and Toolbox have large car-park areas that other Grounds dont have which allows space for the Camera crews etc.?
  • Options

IA said:

Isnt it because both the Valley and Toolbox have large car-park areas that other Grounds dont have which allows space for the Camera crews etc.?
    And The Den hasn't got any carpark potholes which swings it in their favour.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

IA said:

Convenience to London would be the number one reason. Also that they're not very heavily branded on the outside.

Most out of town football grounds around the country are built in the middle of carparks.
  • Options
    does it matter does anyone really give a flying F*** its a advert
  • Options

I've just seen the PP advert during the half-time break of England v Lithuania. That is The Toolbox, isn't it? If it isn't, there's some other poor club with a shit hole of a ground that looks just as bad.

Its very appropriate when you think about it, as its normally full of Spanners.