Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An Evening with Jimmy Seed - 26 April Bromley Addicks

2»

Comments

• Options

Great evening just too much to talk about and not enough time.

No one buying a round then? Thought those with an empty glass look like they know how to look surprised, look at their empty glass, and then say after a considered pause as if actually thinking about it, why yes, another pint would be good, thank you.
  • Options
    First time I've been to a Bromley meeting. Excellent evening, really interesting. Please invite him back!

Is it just me or does James look a bit like Jeremy Clarkson?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Great evening just too much to talk about and not enough time.

No one buying a round then? Thought those with an empty glass look like they know how to look surprised, look at their empty glass, and then say after a considered pause as if actually thinking about it, why yes, another pint would be good, thank you.
    Bar was closed so we couldn't hear the Palace fans next door.
  • Options
    Ian Walker can make a gin & tonic last a fortnight.
  • Options

1921 England cap

Opening bid £10 (only joking Jim)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    League long service record

• Options
    Excellent evening. Sorry GHF and I had to leave early, but cab came at once rather than time ordered. We had a great time though.
  • Options
    Really good evening............hope he can come back soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

I also mentioned last night that my dream is to get a statue of Jimmy put up near the entrance, to complement the Sam one. A matching pair if you like, about ten yards apart. They were always a great double act, and very close throughout their time at Charlton. Without the pair of them it's unlikely CAFC would have had the great success it's had.

I think that would be great to see a statue of Jimmy Seed next to Sam Bartram.

Its a shame that it wasnt done at the same time (because the current Sam Bartram statute is a great piece of work) but are there no historic images of the two next to each other that could have been used as a combined statue (sort of like the below).

• Options

That would make some caption competition, though probably not right where the great man's family would see it.
  • Options
    Stig said:

That would make some caption competition, though probably not right where the great man's family would see it.
    Joking apart, you can only imagine what was going through Jimmy's mind when the photo was taken.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Playing football in the back garden c.1968

Is that the same garden as the one in the photo of his daughters (your mum) with the FA Cup?
    Yes that's the one!

And this one...
    se9addick said:

He looks like a movie star in that last one

I was thinking he looked more like Mick McCarthy's scarier brother.