Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons Could Have Been Us !

The attached newspaper clipping is from April 1973 and shows how we were considering becoming MK Athletic, some time before . Wimbledon moved. Thought I'd pull this out before tonight's game.

Comments

• Options
    Stolen for museum twitter
  • Options
    Rest of artical
  • Options
    No my records actually . People my age don't tweet. But thanks for trolling me within a few minutes.
  • Options

No my records actually . People my age don't tweet. But thanks for trolling me within a few minutes.

Read it again

"Stolen FOR" not "STOLEN FROM"

IE I was nicking it to tweet on the museum's twitter account as it was an interesting bit of history. Thanks for posting it.
  • Options

Doh ! Sorry Henry I must use those reading glasses more often. Apologise. Also not just now that club fell out with fans.

No problem, keep them coming.
  • Options

Doh ! Sorry Henry I must use those reading glasses more often. Apologise. Also not just now that club fell out with fans.

What's the date on that clipping? @ralphmilne
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    6th April 1973 was Leaving valley.
    Think Rochdale game was same year. I was there if I remember correctly Rochdale already been relegated at that time
  • Options
    Another version. It was dire I think the crowd was less than 1500 and about a third of it was Charlton.
  • Options
    So we could be in the same-ish league position but be playing out of Milton Keynes... glad we stayed in London, we are easier to get to here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nearly..
  • Options
    Great clippings. An era charlton fans probably don't recall fondly.
  • Options
    Has there ever been a moment in our history where someone hasn't tried to f**k us over. The club is cursed I tell you.
  • Options

Another version. It was dire I think the crowd was less than 1500 and about a third of it was Charlton.

IIRC the attendance was 890 or thereabouts.
  • Options
    I'm just hear to appreciate the use of 'have' in the thread title.
  • Options
    I remember this well.
    No one really took it too seriously, Michael Glikstiein was really guilty of posturing and using this wheeze as a form of leverage......it pretty soon died a death and sure enough, nothing more came of it.
    In reality, we were never even close to moving.