Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Message for Tom Rubashow.

Comments

• Options
    redman said:

I'm even more confused. So KM was in 2 meetings? Is this to double the damage?

12pm with CAST got 45 minutes
    1pm with Valley Gold

Double the drivel.
  • Options

redman said:

Ah, Tom Rubashaw forgot to mention their biggest & best achievement.

Cloning Katrien.
    Quick, get in there @cabbles , you have twice the chance now. You could even fantasize about a threesome.
  • Options
    redman said:

Trust meeting 12-1.

VG 1-2pm.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Seth......WTF are you on about mate?
    Your original post was written in such a way that you assumed we all know about this errrm mystery website. Who specifically spoke about it, where and when and to whom and why is it such a big deal? Finally where does Alan Cubishley fit into all this?
    Have you been on the sauce mate.....or have I?
  • Options
    WTF?
  • Options
    No, the website is going to happen in the future, after a big launch. It was proposed today as the solution to the problems of attendances I believe, and fan disillusionment.
  • Options
    Almost as excited for this as I was for the pitch side sofa!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

I was at the first meeting today, with members of CAST, which is what I believe Seth is referring to.

I can't remember the exact question that was put to Katrien but, if I recall correctly, it was a sensible question regarding how they intended to attract new support. Katrien and Tom somehow steered their answer to this question onto the website that they're busy developing - I think this is the thing you get free access to if you renew your season ticket early. The website will contain lots of archive footage and Alan Curbishley features on there somewhere (can't remember what he's doing, I'd glazed over by this point).

They waffled on about the website for some time, completely failing to answer the original question, and apparently completely oblivious to the much wider issue of Charlton being a total shambles of a club which is currently sitting just above the drop zone to League 2.

Being a cynical type, I felt that they'd decided before the Q & A started that they would try and steer the conversation onto the new website. Firstly, because they think they've finally managed to come up with a good idea and, secondly, because waffling on about the website filled up 5 minutes when they would otherwise have had to answer our nasty questions about the sorry state the club is currently in.

They were eventually interrupted when disbelief turned to anger, otherwise they'd still be going on about it now.

Same old, same old.
  • Options
    So katrien publicly admits that the attendances are down due to her and Roland and thinks this is because they have provided us with a shit website that we have had for ten years?

Please feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood.
  • Options

Curbs is just one person they have interviewed for the website, he's not launching it or fronting it.

We've long needed a new website and now the old deal has run out we'd would have to have one anyway.

No idea what input Meire would have, very little is my guess.

Of all the comments made at the meetings this seems the last to get worked up about.

I was told yesterday that any input will be restricted to putting the the date on the OS opening page, however this will be checked and authorised by TR before releasing into the public domain. ;)
  • Options
    My OP was to TR.
    My point being that to spend the meeting saying the big initiative to get bums on seats is a website.
    It is a lot easier than the hard slog of engaging with potential supporters in the more traditional outreach ways. It is also an easy thing to point at on one's CV as an 'achievement'.
    In addition there are lapsed or potential supporters who aren't​ not in the online world incredible though that may seem to a regime that has previously said they want to 'drive sales online'.
    Another snippet I heard from yesterday's meeting is that £1million is available for summer signings, Karl knows the two players he wants already.
    Add on that they accept that their running of the club has slashed attendances (not relegation or ticket prices) but that it is merely an 'opinion' that they are too incompetent to continue.
    If at the meeting they had said something along the lines that Charlton will energetically pursue a project to make the North Lower safe standing, then it would indicate some gumption in wanting to build support, but this regime are not that imaginative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow,a new website...that changes everything.
    I'm straight down the ticket office first thing on Monday. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    " the participants can behave like mini Thomas Driesens"

I'm interested in this but ? Are the club going to provide some sort of formal way to submit scouting ideas ?

I don't think I understand the motivations of the people that run out football club and need to stop trying.
  • Options
    So, Tom Rubashow, have you learned yet that some jobs are just not worth the aggravation? Mel Baroni realised that commendably quickly and got out before being tainted.

Tell your company that they are simply losing credibility by being associated with this bunch of naive, incompetent, arrogant failures. Most of their customers have already left the restaurant.
  • Options
    I get email updates from 'our Charlton'. I open them and read every detail. Likewise with the CAST email updates.
    The OS email updates telling me about curry nights and KR's reaction to the last game are if little interest to me.

Old website, new website. So what. It's 2017. Everyone has got a website. How can it be that amazing?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    se9addick said:

I'm interested in this but ? Are the club going to provide some sort of formal way to submit scouting ideas ?

I don't think I understand the motivations of the people that run out football club and need to stop trying.

I admit what I heard was a little vague, but my understanding is that the super new website will be interactive in some way, allowing supporters to suggest the team to Karl Robinson and feel involved in games as a result.
    Maybe Tom will clear this matter up.
    I also heard that Katrien emails supporters directly if they raise concerns rather than have a global response policy.
    As far as I can tell, so far no supporter has had individual email contact with Katrien.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

se9addick said:

I admit what I heard was a little vague, but my understanding is that the super new website will be interactive in some way, allowing supporters to suggest the team to Karl Robinson and feel involved in games as a result.
    Maybe Tom will clear this matter up.
    I also heard that Katrien emails supporters directly if they raise concerns rather than have a global response policy.
    As far as I can tell, so far no supporter has had individual email contact with Katrien.
    Who was it that tried that a few years ago - you could invest a few hundred £'s a year and got a say over transfers and the like ? Might even have been Ebbsfleet - I don't think it worked out well.
  • Options
    I hope this new website doesn't have a Fans Sofa section.
  • Options
    It has a hip and swinging name though.

Red Tube.