Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

sat nav

anyone got one of those cheap navman sat navs ?

need to get sat nav for work badly but a bit skint and as that one is cheap was thinking it would do me . Has anyone got one , are they ok?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2007
    no but i rather like tom tom running on my pda, much better than road angel that the missus has.. now heres the thing: on your standard sat nav, how does it know where mobile speed cameras are?
  • Options
    seems to me that the navman one does everything I want but think I may regret not spending the extra 40 quid on the tom tom.

gonna have to make a decision I guess
  • Options
    tom tom for me..

:)
  • Options
    I had a navman- after "losing" my tom tom- Sold the navman for £100 after buying for £160. Thought it was very poor compared to the Tom tom, hence the sale.
  • Options
    someone asked before and i had seen the garmin nuvi 300 well recommended for about £160
  • Options
    Can't beat an a-z? f--k sat navs.
  • Options
    Don't waste your money. Get a Tom-Tom. My one covers Europe and is spot on. Tried a Garmin and wasn't that impressed, TBH.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Can't beat an a-z? f--k sat navs.[/quote]

I like your attitude. We survived long enough without sat nav! I may be female but I can read a map just fine :P
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Just got one with my free upgrade to a Nokia N95

Covers Europe, Asia and North America
  • Options
    I got the navman and after one day I think it's spot on apart from the volume which even at it's highest level is to low to be heard above the traffic when the van window is open so I'm gonna take it back and swap it for the tom tom one

what's the sat nav on the N95 like dan?

probably going to get one meself if it's any good but not due an upgrade till september so will have to get the tom tom and till then and sell it on if the N95 version is any good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Prefer the good old Maps would never touch a Sat Nav even if I needed one!!!
  • Options
    I've got a Tom Tom Go 700. It's a couple of years old now but it's been brilliant. It's got a 4gb hard drive and connects via a USB to your pc for downloads rather than having to download onto memory chips. It's got door to door mapping to all of Europe, including post code search. It's also got bluetooth connectivity.

If I was you I'd look on e bay for one. You could probably pick one up for £100 or so. (Just checked and there are several there in the course of being auctioned less than £100.)

If you want a new on go for a Tom Tom One UK. Which magazine have it down as one of their best buys. You should be able to pick one up on e bay for £150.
  • Options
    got the tom tom one reserved at currys tomorrow so will swap the navman for it plus another 40 quid.

Orpy I have to say I'm pretty much the same as you , know my way all over london pretty well but recently I've been doing a lot more work in the city and the west end and the A-Z don't show you one way streets and pedestrian streets. Having used the navman for a couple of hours today I can honestly say it saved me a good hour in the traffic which meant I got home nice and early.

Also I drive a mate all around the country as he's a DJ and so far we have relied on his bad map reading and AA route planner which always seems to get us about half a mile away from where he is playing then screws up which is no good when you have to get from a gig in old street to one in bournemouth in 2 and a half hours.

'