Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I told you it wasnt RedBull
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    It was originally a comment on the war-time diet but they thought the new words would work better commercially.  The working title was Whale Meat Again.
  • Options
    RIP my old friend
  • Options
    rumours thread is now my go to but what i'll do once the window shuts is a concern
  • Options
    "Mum are we there yet ?"

"Yes we are dear"

"Why did it take 31 months to get here mum ?"

"Because as the daddy of this thread said,
    We are in for a bumpy ride"

" So has the strange man who was like the Invisible man and never came to the Valley gone mum?"

"No, he is still the landlord for a few months longer, as ESI wanted to be in charge for the start of this window"

" Is it like when Dad has finished in the Loo and we have to give it 10 minutes before we can go in  mum?" 

" Yes Dear, the crap has gone but the smell lingers on"

"If ESI have been in charge 27 days and the window is open why haven't we bought any players other than Andre Green on day one on loan?"

" Wait to February 1st and it will all become clear"

" Why was a House analogy used as an example mum ?"

" Because most of CL members have learning problems because they were always playing truant and don't understand big business"

" Are our new owners from the UAE loaded with money mum?"

"Yes and No, they will pay about 55 million when all the T's are crossed and the i are dotted but they won't spend like Man city despite going to the same family weddings"

" How are we going to be in the Premier in Five years if we can't get League 1 players to sign?"

" It's like quantum mechanics, you can't see wave-particle duality taking place, but Steve Gallen will magic up some players"

"But, Dad said you can't polish a turd?"

" Wait until  February1st to evaluate whether we had a good window " 

"I'm having a look around and this new era of CAFC looks the same as before mum"

"At the Barnsley game, you will feel the atmosphere and know things are better, and we have taken our first small step"

"Can i say goodbye to the Sale of Charlton thread now mum?"

"Yes, you just did"

Genius, but the work of someone with too much time on their hands.
    Thanks AA, but as you can see I posted that at 5.51 AM after starting at 5.20am with a blank canvas other than mum and son paying their third visit to the SOC thread so the characters speak for themselves.
    Having more time now was because I used to have no time with working long hours, so CL is enjoyable most of the time with the eclectic mix of real and pretend Persona's on this site.
  • Options
    I,m going to look silly but must be done, now this thread is dead a visit to the local Aquarium for my daily fix of fish is on, going to be interesting to see the looks I get while shouting puns at the fish!
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A charge has been registered with Companies House, over the Valley, training ground and some other property - not quite sure what this means in practice https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01788466/filing-history 
  • Options
    rs340 said:
    A charge has been registered with Companies House, over the Valley, training ground and some other property - not quite sure what this means in practice https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01788466/filing-history 
    Can’t close the thread down now!!!!!!
  • Options
    rs340 said:
    Isn't that just our friendly Landlord Roland protecting himself from non payment , I'm guessing 
  • Options
    Fin
  • Options
    Props to @Ben18 for some fantastic contributions to this thread 
    Thanks boss, enjoyed making those pictures.

Shout out to the previous regime for all of the great material. 

While obviously delighted with the takeover, my ‘lol’ count will likely now dwindle.

My humour is like an extremist political party, I prosper in difficult times.

we won. 
  • Options
    rs340 said:
    Was just typing this. Beaten to the punch. Concerning?  32 pages of a pdf
  • Options
    This thread showed both the best and worst of Charlton Life. The sharing of information, forensic analysis, fish puns and humour, versus something much less enriching. Many thanks to @Grapevine49 who steadied the ship whenever it seemed to be about to hit the rocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we should of stuck with Roland 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Wouldn’t you register the charge before you sold the club...?
  • Options
    Sorry PWR but am I right in thinking that the Aussies are not buying us then?
  • Options
    It was what it was.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I think we sucked with Roland 

• Options
    Wouldn’t you register the charge before you sold the club...?
    Only 2 directors?  Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't.

Does company house update live?  Or end of day?  As far as I can see there are no changes to Baton or Holdings? 
  • Options
    What [if anything] is the significance of your brief post at 11.05 am Airman
  • Options

ESI directors appointed to #cafc board last Thursday - means deal has now gone through.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!