Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    It's been emotional
  • Options
    surely it should close on feb 1st when we know what the new owners have acheived in the transfer window
  • Options
    Shouldn’t we wait until the takeover is complete?
    That’s a point, why are we closing the takeover thread down when it’s not even complete. That seems a much bigger elephant in the room. Will ESI really complete the purchase of the training ground? Did we ever get the answer from ESI If they’ve already purchased the Valley (as first stated) or yet to (as mentioned in the CAST interview)? Roland is still our landlord, he hasn’t f**ked off yet, let’s not get complacent people, we owe that to the fine folk who fought hard to get us back to the Valley. #keepthetakeoverthreadopen
  • Options
    All jokes aside, I do wonder what Muir did with his scarf
  • Options
    Goodbye takeover thread. May we never have to see another one of you again for a long time!
  • Options
    It’s the elephant in the room (not a camel).

Everyone is staring at their shoes, not wanting to be the bold one to face it, but sometimes you just need to take a deep breath, shoulders back and face the truth...

We need to say goodbye to the Takeover Thread. 

It feels like one of the family, an almost perminent piece of furniture in our Charlton Life lives. We’ve shared laughs, tears, tingles and a lot of fish. 

Monday at 10pm we will close the thread for the final time. Not temporary because of something libellous or two middle age wallies are threatening a pillow fight, but for good. Ah Revior, Auf Weidesen, Goodbye.

Lets make the last two days of the takeover thread a happy period of mirth and celebration. A nostalgic look back to the good times, the highlights, the fish puns. 

What’s been your highlights? 
    No. No. Noooo. 

This thread has been part of my life for years. Have proudly read every comment. Do not take this away from me.

Will be like losing a mate.

I will have to go into mourning.
  • Options
    Will never forget this page!!! Been a roller-coaster ride these last few years!! From the days of rumours about Harry kewell being our next manager to now!! 😂 
  • Options
    Competition for who can have the last post in here before it closes? 

I've set an alarm for 9.59 tomorrow. 

No cheating from mods.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s been an ‘experience’.  We’ve had some highs and some lows.  This thread has been unique.  I really hope I never have to suffer such a drawn out, mind numbing process ever again.

Thread I salute you, but your time now draws to a close.  Thank you, and goodbye.
  • Options
    Don’t think we should close the thread quite yet. Not ITK but I’ve heard that the Aussies have just submitted their paperwork.
  • Options
    suppose it needs a resurrection at some point. This thread is not for culling
  • Options
    This thread has seen immense highs and terrible lows. It will be strange it’s gone 
  • Options
    A very very very long journey. 

None of us could have imagined it would get to 2257 (and counting) pages.

A lot of pain, a lot of humour, a lot of fights, a lot of historical facts. 
  • Options
    When I die , I’m gonna re read it all from hell 
    and then come back one by one and pick off the apologists 
  • Options
    Threxit.

But its work is done. Thank you and farewell, old friend.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Dear takeover thread...u have been there for us through thick & thin,with out you in our lives,it would have been so boring...waiting for that final “it’s finally happening gif” was in the end worth it....(we think/hope)...too some it’s still all abit fishy,but I’m praying to cod,I mean god that our great cloob now has a future for the next forever generations of Addicks...

One day il see u on the other side....Peace out...!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben18 said:
    Found out what the volunteers are helping with

• Options
    Ben18 said:

• Options
    Ben18 said:
    Amazing how everyone jumps when @AFKABartram clicks his fingers. Respect.

• Options
    Ben18 said:
    Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?
    Nowt has happened. Douch has turned up again to see if he can wind either Henry or The Airman up.
    Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?
    Nowt has happened. Douch has turned up again to see if he can wind either Henry or The Airman up.
    hope it's true but my source says it isn't and he is party to the inner sanctum - im not the one who has people wound up about a takeover although I appreciate the likes of airman and Irving hate the thought that somebody knows more than them which is quite amusing
    @DOUCHER out of interest mate, what exactly was it that your source said 'isn't true' ? Rumours RD is prepared to sell / the club is up for sale? That there is buying interest? DD process being undertaken / has concluded? Post-DD negotiation is taking place? What isn't true ? My reading of when you posted this was a generic 'there's nothing happening and all these rumours are a load of bull', which may well be the case, but I'm interested in being clear whether that was what your source was saying. Cheers
    My source has told a family member of mine (who happens to be a long standing supporter and somebody who has done a lot over the years to help the club in times of trouble, not a 'Beard' as Henry so condescendingly puts it - but that's his way so lets leave it at that), I think the words were 'it's a non story and nothing is happening'. I would no more make that up than any of those who are saying it is happening. I've offered that info up to the board and got a bit of abuse for it probably because people think I have an agenda - I don't and never have had. If you say something that goes against the grain you are accused of being a WUM - that's fine but probably isn't conducive to people coming on here and offering up what might be seen as unwanted information.
    I think it's a fair point. You have given your view and perhaps getting unfair criticism. What I would say based on what I have read, is that your info is wrong. Maybe people here should just accept your source is wrong rather than assume your winding people up, but I certainly think something is going on.
    my source wouldn't be wrong - there's an outside chance he may be lying
    or I should say, 'being conservative with the truth'

• Options
    Thank you for the endless reads I had when taking a pony over the past 2 years, you've been a great strain on me in more ways then one! Goodbye old friend...
  • Options
    Props to @Ben18 for some fantastic contributions to this thread 
  • Options
    "So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, good night,
     I hate to go and leave this witty site ..."  warbled Fanny Wind Trappt.

Whilst the hills may well have been alive, down in The Valley it was a different story under the Belgian's boot.

For those of us desperate for a glimmer of hope from the tyranny, there was only one place to go- to lick our festering wounds and to seek solace in the company of fellow sufferers.

And it served us well.

It's been a pleasure indeed, but, whilst all good things come to an end....

.....the Tingle will live on.
  • Options

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!