Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

I just wish the fans could buy The Valley. Crowdfunding exercise? Wouldn't be a bad investment, as well as safeguarding the future of the ground.

I agree but the price would probably be too high, and unreasonably so. Maybe 3 million or so might be doable, I suspect El Duche wouldn't sell it for that, assuming the former Director debt could be dealt with somehow.

If someone like Murray were to make this happen he would certainly go some way to redeeming himself. Of course, there would be risks but with this kind of fan involvement, it could transform the club.

• Has Katy undermined her boss a bit here - by saying the JS is "unsafe", she's just implied any new owner would have to invest in the repairs. That going to have a negative impact on the asking price.

Maybe she didn't think that through when trying to come up with an excuse for shutting it down.
  • The trouble with fans owning the ground is what if all of a sudden there was a one off huge maintenance cost to be paid. I don't know maybe the foundations collapsed under one stand (extreme I know) but who pays it? Can hardly ask the fans to pay for that and unless there is some kind of agreement the club aren't responsible for it.

I guess best case the fans own the ground through the trust. The club use it for free but are responsible for all costs.... I dunno...
  • The trouble with fans owning the ground is what if all of a sudden there was a one off huge maintenance cost to be paid. I don't know maybe the foundations collapsed under one stand (extreme I know) but who pays it? Can hardly ask the fans to pay for that and unless there is some kind of agreement the club aren't responsible for it.

I guess best case the fans own the ground through the trust. The club use it for free but are responsible for all costs.... I dunno...

Leased to the club on a fully repairable lease - the football club would pay for it (insure against it).
  • edited April 2017
    colthe3rd said:
    Never said it weren't mate and even if it ain't made up, it's still not really news, but I still thought members on a Charlton forum might've been interested in it none the less.
  • I've now been on the AFC website and indeed it has changed as BA has said. It may all be complete coincidence OR indeed AFC spelling out to other clubs what their intentions are/would be, BUT it seems to echo the fact that they WANT supporters with history, they know the embedded value of such support, they want to invest in training facilities and youth BUT want to have a successful team on the pitch. Coincidence maybe, however it all seems very close to the letter CAST sent....who knows but why change the website offering now?

... or just demonstrates they quickly learn how to say the right things to impress potential supporters, a trait KM/RD have yet to exhibit.
  • The AFC tune has most definitely changed.

Interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well it's all gone quiet once again. So much for that random guy 'in the know' being on the phone to someone who was emotional. Load of tosh.
  • colthe3rd said:
    Never said it weren't mate and even if it ain't made up, it's still not really news, but I still thought members on a Charlton forum might've been interested in it none the less.
    Not everything I post in reply to you is an attack, no need to be so defensive.
  • Well it's all gone quiet once again. So much for that random guy 'in the know' being on the phone to someone who was emotional. Load of tosh.

Has Queensland gone to ground?
  • Has Katy undermined her boss a bit here - by saying the JS is "unsafe", she's just implied any new owner would have to invest in the repairs. That going to have a negative impact on the asking price.

Maybe she didn't think that through when trying to come up with an excuse for shutting it down.

Maybe she wants any sale process to collapse so that she gets to stay in a job?
  • colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:
    Not everything I post in reply to you is an attack, no need to be so defensive.
    Never said it was
  • So not just the AFC bid where Duchatelet wanted to keep The Valley, but appears to be a condition of any sale. We can't let that happen. Has to be all in. He can't be trusted.

Very worrying.
  • I think the Jimmy Seed Stand being in need of repairs because it's unsafe is bullshit....updates maybe but major works....no way!
  • Hypothetically, if the club was sold with The Valley still being owned by Duchatalet and co, who would pay maintenance fees and this work on the so called 'unsafe' Jimmy Seed stand?
  • I think I'd sooner see RD keep running the whole shebang, then sell the club and keep the ground.
  • Hypothetically, if the club was sold with The Valley still being owned by Duchatalet and co, who would pay maintenance fees and this work on the so called 'unsafe' Jimmy Seed stand?

Curbs 16/1
  • Sponsored links:

• It almost seems whoever updated that Australian Football consortium page did so after watching the recently released video about Charlton fans fighting to get the current owner to sell. The copy on that page is so amateurish I wonder if it is an elaborate wind up by a Millwall or Crystal Palace fan!
  • edited April 2017

It almost seems whoever updated that Australian Football consortium page did so after watching the recently released video about Charlton fans fighting to get the current owner to sell. The copy on that page is so amateurish I wonder if it is an elaborate wind up by a Millwall or Crystal Palace fan!

All the domain registration details look authentic on WHOIS, although that doesn't exclude the possibility that the site itself could have been hacked, I suppose.
  • I think I'd sooner see RD keep running the whole shebang, then sell the club and keep the ground.

100%

There would always be the worry for supporters what Duchatelet was going to do with The Valley.

I have believed for a long time he has had some ulterior motive behind his purchase of Charlton. It has been glaringly obvious they have made little effort with the progress on the playing side of things.

He has to go and sell everything.
    Indeed, Elfs.

Lock, stock & a smoking CEO !
  • Don't care about nationality as long as new owners are "strong and stable"
  • kentred2 said:

Don't care about nationality as long as new owners are "strong and stable"

Is this a hint? Is the take over back on? Are the Tories buying us? Shall I post the it's happening gif featuring Theresa May?
  • kentred2 said:

Is this a hint? Is the take over back on? Are the Tories buying us? Shall I post the it's happening gif featuring Theresa May?
    I was just sick in my mouth. Thanks a lot.
  • More talk on FB about something happening (announcement) re TakeOver on Sunday before the game. I don't believe it but thought Id mention it!! Trouble is I cant remember which part of FB I saw it on this morning, but it was a CAFC fans site.
  • edited April 2017

More talk on FB about something happening (announcement) re TakeOver on Sunday before the game. I don't believe it but thought Id mention it!! Trouble is I cant remember which part of FB I saw it on this morning, but it was a CAFC fans site.

It's the Pete Gregg guy on the unofficial FB page who talks in riddles, posts year old links and then claims he has other links he is stopped from posting. WUM or Weirdo - you decide.
  • kentred2 said:

What about if they're from Fogo Island?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!