Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

I have heard it's the 18th 19th 20th 26th. Nobody knows. What I do know is that Douch is losing money every month. He can't carry on Ad Finitum. I fear that we need to play the long game.

Absolutely this. Club is on hold ‘til he’s gone. Then I’ll pick up where I left off.
  • addick05 said:

I was told in late December from a respected source that the absolute last date for a takeover to be completed was the 20 January.
    If it hadn’t been completed by then it wouldn’t happen before the end of the season.

So unless Richard Murray says different today, it looks like Roland will still be in charge until May.

If he does stay in charge I am sure things are going to get much worse before they get better.

What the future holds I don’t know, possibly administration?

So what you are saying is that today is the day. Maybe he's gambling on promotion? We would be worth more in the Championship....but still not £55 million and he would have to spend even more to keep us there.
    On one hand, from a business point of view - promotion is clearly the best option; it reduces the losses Roland would have to contend with, and makes the club a much more exciting prospect.

Sadly I don't think that's the case though: if he was gambling on promotion then surely he wouldn't be banking on player sales (Holmes, potentially Konsa.) as they actively make the team less competitive? I know Roland doesn't seem to do logic, but even he must be able to see that a weaker team will lead to (a) less chance of promotion, (b) less sellable assets for a potential purchaser, and arguably (c) the ability for a potential purchaser to argue they're buying a "skeleton squad".

Then again, our recruitment policy has been shocking over the past 4 years; and it seems like we've been constantly relying upon loanees - both network (understandably) and domestic. Those players we have brought in on a permanent basis have tended to be on ridiculous contracts too.
  • N01R4M said:

Scoham said:

I don't see how anyone can guarantee a date. If RD gets an acceptable offer tomorrow he has no reason to delay it until after the season ends.

Agreed. But does a purchaser have any incentive to rush to seal a deal when it is patently too late to improve the strength of the team for the second half of the season? They are just letting themselves in for 6 months of running costs with little hope of promotion, before they can get down to team improvement business in the next window.

Granted there will also be behind-the-scenes things to be changed, but hopefully these could be undertaken in half that time. I imagine any sense of urgency to purchase is about to disappear, and we will be stuck with RD until the end of the season. He will be content with this financially if he can cover running costs by selling the family silver.

We therefore need to look at what can be done by way of protests here and in Belgium to ensure we don’t have a repeat in the summer, with RD still holding out for an unrealistic price, or (worse in my opinion) making only a partial sale.
    Alternatively they can spend 6 months making the necessary behind the scenes changes ready for a summer of rebuilding and promotion, hopefully using that momentum the next season in the championship.
    Agreed.

Although the previous buyers bought on the 31st December - in time for the January window - it's fair to say that they didn't appear to see immediate promotion as a necessity. They preferred to get their feet under the table for 6 months, adjusting the coaching and managerial staff, before overhauling the squad in the close-season.

Quite a sensible option IMO, changing everything at once sounds chaotic - if I were a purchaser I'd consider now a good time; as there is the potential for promotion via the play-offs, but there's also a decent amount of time to settle in, assess the state of the club and decide a clear action plan for the summer.
  • LuckyReds said:

addick05 said:

I was told in late December from a respected source that the absolute last date for a takeover to be completed was the 20 January.
    If it hadn’t been completed by then it wouldn’t happen before the end of the season.

So unless Richard Murray says different today, it looks like Roland will still be in charge until May.

If he does stay in charge I am sure things are going to get much worse before they get better.

What the future holds I don’t know, possibly administration?

So what you are saying is that today is the day. Maybe he's gambling on promotion? We would be worth more in the Championship....but still not £55 million and he would have to spend even more to keep us there.
    On one hand, from a business point of view - promotion is clearly the best option; it reduces the losses Roland would have to contend with, and makes the club a much more exciting prospect.

Sadly I don't think that's the case though: if he was gambling on promotion then surely he wouldn't be banking on player sales (Holmes, potentially Konsa.) as they actively make the team less competitive? I know Roland doesn't seem to do logic, but even he must be able to see that a weaker team will lead to (a) less chance of promotion, (b) less sellable assets for a potential purchaser, and arguably (c) the ability for a potential purchaser to argue they're buying a "skeleton squad".

Then again, our recruitment policy has been shocking over the past 4 years; and it seems like we've been constantly relying upon loanees - both network (understandably) and domestic. Those players we have brought in on a permanent basis have tended to be on ridiculous contracts too.
    I really don't think he gives a Monkey's. As long a we have a good dance.

• There’s no blinking first , RD is the only one staring questions have been asked money discussed but no offer made I was under the impression at one stage offers had been made but now I know this is incorrect and not one offer has officially been submitted

55 mil turn into 30 mil I reckon by the time something happens and is accepted

• stonemuse said:
    According to Facebook McLeish is at the game today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah it's gone up to £68 million Macron told him we pay anything asked these days
  • When we got this far into January without it a deal happening I thought it was unlikely to then happen. Can see it happen either when we can't mathematically make the playoff, or the end of the season. RD want want to cover wages when there's zero income.
  • What exactly is preferred bidder status and why is it important please.

I believe it is a status that means the seller gives them the chance to conclude DD without being open to any other offers.

Hopefully it means duchatelet has see all the bids on the table and is in favour of this one - presumably becasue it includes the most money OR involves keeping hold of some assets?

Always positive if due diligence is happening , which means something’s moving along despite it seeming very stale!
  • Preferred bidder is the bidder selected by the vendor, usually to some predetermined criteria, as being the party to whom it intends to sell the business, subject to the completion of negotiations and legal arrangements.
  • Sponsored links:

• Doe's "preferred bidder" status depend on whether you can pull a poker face when that daft old Belgian coffin dodger tells you he wants £55m, and not spit yout tea out over the desk?
  • I suspect the deadline was the originally mentioned Jan 26. With the sole purpose being so that RD would still have time to sell Konsa if the sale does not work out.
  • Any new faces in the Directors box today?
  • There’s no blinking first , RD is the only one staring questions have been asked money discussed but no offer made I was under the impression at one stage offers had been made but now I know this is incorrect and not one offer has officially been submitted

NLA - How do you "know"? What gives you this insight that no-one else appears to have and that seems to contradict what others are saying each time? - I'm curious to know what your sources are. Ta

NLA - How do you "know"? What gives you this insight that no-one else appears to have and that seems to contradict what others are saying each time? - I'm curious to know what your sources are. Ta
    Probably his big balls
  • There’s been no bid mate not one no one on here has said there has

There’s been people looking and shown an interest enough to do DD but not one of those have shown their value with an offer

Just because someone is a preferred bidder it doesn’t mean they’ve made an offer

I haven’t seen anyone say there’s been an offer

Even when it was said it was imminent , I was told on here it’s how you determine imminent

To me the word means real soon I think it was October that was said and that’s a long time ago now

We are closer to being sold than ever but I have always said it’s a time away yet

No one has met his value no one will it’s a spaceman number

Top value from a buyer to purchase us will be 30 mil and all assets I think personally the toss pot will take half his asking price and get paid a rent

He wants the land in the car park for property and I still think he will get his way on some of that land

• NLA - How do you "know"? What gives you this insight that no-one else appears to have and that seems to contradict what others are saying each time? - I'm curious to know what your sources are. Ta

bestest pals with Tone, innit?

• He wants the land in the car park for property and I still think he will get his way on some of that land

Surely that car parking space is vital to the club on matchdays?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!