Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Would like to know where you have herd this from please just don't get people's hopes up what more do you know ??
  • I thought this rumour had been killed off?
  • FAVADDICK said:

Would like to know where you have herd this from please just don't get people's hopes up what more do you know ??

Don't know anything else other than the fact that they are actively appointing London-based firms
  • I thought this rumour had been killed off?

It was.....then it appears someone fired up the Barbie once more.

Quick / someone get me another shrimp
  • Sponsored links:

• Please please please future buyers, make sure The Valley is included in the purchase price.

If it ain't don't sell
  • Please please please future buyers, make sure The Valley is included in the purchase price.

If it ain't don't sell
    Nice avatar btw.
  • If this happen, I'll eat my didgeridoo ....

Think this is huge. Apparently the Aussie group were looking for investors, so they may not be flush with cash, but I'm glad they're coming around to the idea of purchasing the ground as a mainstay of any deal. Perhaps in their time looking at Coventry they realized what happens when you don't own the ground.

I remain concerned about their cash flow. I hope they realize that costs are not simply limited to purchasing the club, or even eating the operating losses that the cub is currently being run at. To get to the Championship, let alone the Premiership which is apparently their goal, they will need to make huge investments into the club--squad, staff, training ground, academy. To get to the Championship and have a shot at the playoffs I think you're looking at the purchasing price again potentially. This is really, really rough math, but I'm thinking 1m in operating losses a month is 24m over two years. But I think you'd add into that another 1m/month for transfer payments and wages to get players of the requisite quality in (maybe that's a bit much). That would take you to around the 50m mark in operating costs just over the next two years.

I would also think that, to put a solid infrastructure in place, you'd need to invest in something like a Director of Football or whatever who oversees the budget and scouting staff. I'd also imagine we need investments to the scouting staff given we've been using The Network's, as well as seemingly some positions within the club that still need to be filled.

I think you'd see attendances rise, but that only cover so much. Hopefully the live overseas stream will bring in a bit of money (they can have all my money!), but doubtful it'll be much.

This is all like really rough math from the top of my head, and those with more detailed knowledge of these things can feel free to tell me how off I am.
  • CAFCsayer said:

FAVADDICK said:

Would like to know where you have herd this from please just don't get people's hopes up what more do you know ??

Don't know anything else other than the fact that they are actively appointing London-based firms
    Actively appointing London based firms to do what exactly ?
  • Assessment of boilers and potatoes.
  • Here we go again.
  • I wouldn't be happy if Duchatelet had full control of the Valley - but if there was a deal which meant he could only claim a modest rent for a significant period and a compulsary buy back clause - that could work. The devil, will of course, be in the detail. What would be in it for Roland? Well he is currently losing money hand over fist with no prospect of that changing - that would be stopped - and if there was a price agreed to buy back the Valley based on promotion to the Premier League - he would have his best chance of getting his money back. His incompetence would no longer be holding him or the club back.
  • I wouldn't be happy if Duchatelet had full control of the Valley - but if there was a deal which meant he could only claim a modest rent for a significant period and a compulsary buy back clause - that could work. The devil, will of course, be in the detail. What would be in it for Roland? Well he is currently losing money hand over fist with no prospect of that changing - that would be stopped - and if there was a price agreed to buy back the Valley based on promotion to the Premier League - he would have his best chance of getting his money back. His incompetence would no longer be holding him or the club back.

This is exactly where I am, I think I want him gone so badly that I am sort of willing to accept a deal where he owns the ground as long as the rent is in place with the option to bu at a certain price.
  • Sponsored links:

• No, he has to go 100%. Protests should continue if he's in anyway still involved after a takeover and that includes him owning The Valley.

Whilst I do agree with this. I'm at a stage where i'd take a deal for him to go but retain the valley and lease it back. As others have said though, devil is in the detail.
  • With the ongoing losses, any new owner will need deep pockets if they want to see us progress to be PL promotion contenders, the purchase price is just the start of the expenditure...
  • If Roland sells, then it must be to owners who can afford his price, and be able to fund losses of 8-9 million pounds a year for at least the next 4-5 years if they what to get the club into the premiership.
  • edited May 2017
    The point is he could own the ground with no power. He then becomes simply an investor with a stake in the club succeeding. Now I am not agreeing the terms, but it is short sighted to suggest such a deal should be a no go area. For me to be happy with a deal that didn't include the Valley, it would only be acceptable to me if Roland was a sterile owner of the ground with no power. I think given that he is losing money, that this could be a reasonable expectation.

this. If the rent was reasonable with the option to buy The Valley at a set value within say ten years then I'd take that as at least the senile old git wouldn't have influence over the day to day running of the Club.

• The compromise might be AFC buy the pitch and a couple of the stands but Duchatelet keeps the other two stands or something equally nuts.

I'm in touch with my lawyers for breach of copyright.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!