Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redskin said:

Sorry to put a downer on all your enthusiasm but am I the only one who is still a bit apprehensive to the news announced yesterday?

Apart form 3 or 4 tweeted messages suggesting we have a "done deal" we have nothing else to go on apart from what we have always had in this thread i.e. speculation, jokes and piss taking.

Surely if a deal was "done" yesterday, by that I mean a hand shake between all parties then we would have heard more. As with all deals like this nobody is interested when the lawyers get the paperwork signed, all we what we want to see is the new owner with a Charlton scarf round his neck.

I am sure a lot of us have heard of, or experienced the sale of a house falling through on the day the new buyer was supposed to move in or a business deal collapsing at the last minute.

I get the feeling we are not as close as some people think and looking at the excitement those tweets have generated on here some people seem to be getting ahead of themselves.

I hope I am way off the mark and scarfy is paraded soon, however as a boycotter I refuse to consider what game I will be attending next until the sale of the club is signed, sealed and the new owner has revealed him/herself.

In any event the FL have to approve the deal. You could argue it isn't done until that has happened but what I am taking about is the point at which a buyer and seller reach agreement. We have not been here before.

One insurance against the deal failing to reach completion is that there are clearly two potential buyers here and consequently I don't think there's much chance of both walking away/falling through.
    Fascinating: who's actually buying the club, or are you not in a position to say as usual?
    I’m not saying because I am not 100 per cent confident of the answer. The Australian camp leaks. One source yesterday was from that side. The other came from the legal process - they are consequently very well placed to know when they say it’s a “done deal”, but they have never been willing to elaborate on the identity of the interested parties.

The coincidence of the two, entirely independent of each other, within hours, points to the Australians, but because the Aussie side have jumped the gun before I am still cautious about saying it is them. And I still believe the other party is about.
    So it's the horse and red bull then
  • So calm in here... feels like it's about to go mental very soon.
  • Was hoping it'd be OTOS today :(
  • Is there such a term as "gazumping" when it comes to buying a football club ?

We're gonna bounce in a minute? etc etc
  • Redskin said:

Sorry to put a downer on all your enthusiasm but am I the only one who is still a bit apprehensive to the news announced yesterday?

Apart form 3 or 4 tweeted messages suggesting we have a "done deal" we have nothing else to go on apart from what we have always had in this thread i.e. speculation, jokes and piss taking.

Surely if a deal was "done" yesterday, by that I mean a hand shake between all parties then we would have heard more. As with all deals like this nobody is interested when the lawyers get the paperwork signed, all we what we want to see is the new owner with a Charlton scarf round his neck.

I am sure a lot of us have heard of, or experienced the sale of a house falling through on the day the new buyer was supposed to move in or a business deal collapsing at the last minute.

I get the feeling we are not as close as some people think and looking at the excitement those tweets have generated on here some people seem to be getting ahead of themselves.

I hope I am way off the mark and scarfy is paraded soon, however as a boycotter I refuse to consider what game I will be attending next until the sale of the club is signed, sealed and the new owner has revealed him/herself.

In any event the FL have to approve the deal. You could argue it isn't done until that has happened but what I am taking about is the point at which a buyer and seller reach agreement. We have not been here before.

One insurance against the deal failing to reach completion is that there are clearly two potential buyers here and consequently I don't think there's much chance of both walking away/falling through.
    Fascinating: who's actually buying the club, or are you not in a position to say as usual?
    I’m not saying because I am not 100 per cent confident of the answer. The Australian camp leaks. One source yesterday was from that side. The other came from the legal process - they are consequently very well placed to know when they say it’s a “done deal”, but they have never been willing to elaborate on the identity of the interested parties.

The coincidence of the two, entirely independent of each other, within hours, points to the Australians, but because the Aussie side have jumped the gun before I am still cautious about saying it is them. And I still believe the other party is about.
    Appreciate you posting what you know, but I might be being a bit slow here. I don’t see how you can confidently believe a deal has been ‘done’ and then at the same time believe another party could still be in play? In which case, it’s not ‘done’ and a rival bid could still be made and accepted.

Or am I reading this incorrectly?
    My point further up the thread. I believe given the information currently available points towards an acceptable bid not necessarily a winning bid ?

• edited February 2018
    I read it as deal is done......but not sure which of the 2 its with ?!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like Rick is backtracking just a bit?

No ifs, no buts

No ifs, no buts
    Kick Roland in the nuts !!!!
  • All but done deal
  • edited February 2018

Redskin said:

Appreciate you posting what you know, but I might be being a bit slow here. I don’t see how you can confidently believe a deal has been ‘done’ and then at the same time believe another party could still be in play? In which case, it’s not ‘done’ and a rival bid could still be made and accepted.

From experience I trust the legal source, but I am more wary of the one from the Aussie camp. So one could be right and the other wrong. It’s less likely both are wrong.

Ultimately, things can change. For example I think something RM said to the FF on Wednesday night was already wrong by the time he said it, but I doubt if he knew that.
  • ^^ he may have done though. He can sometimes be economical with the truth.
  • ^^ he may have done though. He can sometimes be economical with the truth.

No reason for him to lie that I can see.

• Huh?
    45 million, 45 million it is, then ....
    Do I hear 50 million?
    45 million bid
    Huh ....
    45 million
    45 million
    45 million going once, going twice
    Are we all done? You, sir?
    At FORTY FIVE million ....
    Huh?
  • so what was it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:

From experience I trust the legal source, but I am more wary of the one from the Aussie camp. So one could be right and the other wrong. It’s less likely both are wrong.

Ultimately, things can change. For example I think something RM said to the FF on Wednesday night was already wrong by the time he said it, but I doubt if he knew that.
    And what was that?
  • Redskin said:

And what was that?
    "I'm pleased to see you"
  • edited February 2018

103 likes, no promote. Where’s my banner?
  • It's the hope that kills.
  • Redskin said:

And what was that?
    If I was able to disclose that I would have put it above.
  • If this thread sinks to the bottom I will be seriously pissed off.
    JUST SELL THE CLUB AND FUCK OFF
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!