Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***MATCH THREAD*** - Coventry v Charlton | Fri 14 Apr | 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    The sun is trying to shine through the clouds.
  • Options
    Throw goes to Solly, finds Crofts - forward, but Byrne pressures Turnbull - he squirms it to Willis though, and RH side. Holmes prevents and goes across, into Thomas, passes Dasilva, back on track, ball with Willis, edge of area, ball to Lameiras, slips, Thomas just mistimed his run - offside.
  • Options
    City attack, but we benefit from a 'tight' offside.
  • Options
    14' Konsa fouled out wide on the right. Holmes will whip in the free-kick... #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Ball out for our throw now. Backwards to Pearce, goes back to Rudd under pressure - poor throw - straight to Willis though the kick, and it's scrappy, and Holmes then on it.

Switches well to Solly, keeps in, Byrne ahead, back to Solly, comes inside, looks for Magennis cut out and Lameiras now. Straight to Konsa, takes on Bigirimana who hacks him down, our FK, adjacent to the edge of their area, a yard in.
  • Options
    Rudd long, headed back, we return it.
    Solly now, jones cuts out his pass, but then City give it away and we get a FK attacking position.
  • Options
    15' ..decent delivery, but the hosts head it away. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Good free kick from Holmes, but Bigirimana away and then they clear. Dasilva back to Rudd, clears up to Magennis, they head, Bauer there and Ulvestad next. Finds Holmes well, runs towards the area well, forced out - is it a foul? - surely - Jones was on him...
  • Options
    Holmes to swing it out right foot.
    Cleared and ends up with us on half way
    holmes run and jones fouls him and does a tantrum.
  • Options
    Millwall 1-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall winning urgh.
  • Options
    17' ...delivery comes in, but Coventry eventually get it rid. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    MK 0 Scunny 1
  • Options
    Good position this FK. Konsa, Bauer, Pearce, Magennis all up there.

Launched deep, for Crofts far post? Pings around the area, Magenis for Crofts, no cleared. Byrne picks up, back heel to Solly just works, launch to Magennis small touch Ulvestad, forced out wide by Willis and Dasilva on it. Pearce back and across from him, finds Crofts, Pearce again across to Bauer. Build again.
  • Options
    This kind of game in April should have been about us cementing a play-off position and not hoping for a win to guarantee lower-middle table mediocrity. Still, the pigs have livened it up a bit. Hope there's a few in reserve for the second half.
  • Options
    Still with it halfway - pinged at Konsa, can't keep it in.
  • Options
    Port Vale 0 Sheff U 2
  • Options
    Konsa from Solly's throw... back to Rudd there eventually. Bauer moves forward, launched nicely to Magennis, good touch to Holmes who tries to return it to Mag but there we go, it's their ball. Keeper.
  • Options
    Holmes over hits it and City keeper has it.
    salako says we are dominating possession.
  • Options
    Solly on the right from some play I miss because of commentary, eventually left to Dasilva, OFF THE BAR BYRNE FRON CROSS

Holmes still has it, forced out wide...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    20' CROSSBAR! Dasilva crosses for Byrne, but the winger smacks his header against the woodwork. So close! #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Josh cuts in, solly there, to fred, to da silva, and cross, but header hits header, and we nearly score, byrne header.
    Josh follows up with a shot over
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Holmes over hits it and City keeper has it.
    salako says we are dominating possession.

BBC: we have 68% possession
  • Options
    da silva cross heavily praised by salako.
  • Options
    20' Ball is worked back into the box and Magennis fires over from an angle.
  • Options
    Many miles have I travelled,
    Many games have I seen,
    Following Charlton my favourite team.
    Many hours have I spent in the covered end choir,
    Singing Valley Floyd Road,
    My only desire

Valley Floyd Road,
    Oh mist rolling in from the Thames,
    My desire, is always to be found at
    Valley, Floyd Road!
  • Options
    SSN has just shown our header off the bar
  • Options
    Haynes to Pearce and Bauer though, and taken past Jones. We've grown into it - Crofts to Pearce, his left is Ulvestad, down the line for Holmes. Turns Turnbull - crossed, headed away, Magennis not there and Haynes eventually from Ulvestad's shot can chest back to Burge in goal.

Long ball, awkward for Bauer, out for our GK.
  • Options
    salako says we are playing a 'fluid formation'.
  • Options
    We really are an 'unlucky' club aren't we???
    MIND YOU I TAKE THAT BACK..................HOW DID HE MISS THAT!!!!!.............PATHETIC EFFORT!!!.......TRAINING??????
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!