Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Roland still be owner come August?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yes, unfortunately
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Unfortunately, yes
  • Options
    It pains me to say it but Roland is going nowhere.

Nobody is going to meet his asking price, so I think he is staying.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    We're (still/going to be) screwed...!!!
  • Options
    Don't think anyone can say for sure but I'd say no.
  • Options
    I think we will start the next season with new owners.

Or if not, then by Christmas for sure.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    It ain't called it the 'Stayen' for nuttin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Buyers market. So probably.
  • Options
    My glass half empty Charlton brain says (a) we're stuck with Roland for another season (b) if we're not, the new owner will be more even more shit than the current one!
  • Options
    I'm saying NO!
  • Options
    Thought this week there would be a big announcement ?
  • Options

I think he'll be gone by August.

I'm not in the know - but it's clear that he wants out.

Sorry but where is it "clear" he wants out? I have yet to read an official statement from Roland or the club stating this.
  • Options
    I think there needs to be positive move by end of May, to ensure every thing will be in place by start of new season with regard to playing staff etc, if not I can see RD being here until at least Christmas, so it will be no season ticket for me.
  • Options
    Think he will stay until it's obvious that we won't be going up next season. I guess January he will actively look for a buyer.
  • Options
    The longer he stays the worse it will get and the protests will gradually fizzle out. We'll be left with a shell of a club with virtually no support.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

12 more months costs him £20M for no enjoyment and no hope. Can't see why he would stay.*

* £20M being a further £10M losses across the season and you can take £10M at least off the price of the club in League 2.

The Gomez/Lookman gravy train has gone and left him £45-55M out of pocket. His business plan is failed and in tatters. He has no football plan.

He'll stay purely because he will see it as pay back.

He doesn't give a vicar's pulpit about the club or the fans. The fact that he's been humiliated in his homeland (I believe) has only strengthened his resolve and he will do what he can to give payback; it's the way of the despot.

As for money? He knows he can probably recoup his losses elsewhere and seeing as CAFC was/is a toy/gamble for him he has probably already accounted for the losses anyway.

He'll go when he's bored and when he is satisfied that he's had his revenge.

For the record, I totally agree with and support the 'protests' in his 'homeland'.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I think he'll be gone by August.

I'm not in the know - but it's clear that he wants out.

Sorry but where is it "clear" he wants out? I have yet to read an official statement from Roland or the club stating this.
    I don't think you get this amount of "noise" in the rumour mill, especially from sources that I respect, without there being some element of truth to the rumours.

As for expecting an official statement that the club is for sale - nothing that RD has done since buying us has been transparent, and I think there's zero chance he would publicly announce his intention to sell. Apart from anything else, it would give the impression of a distressed sale.
  • Options

12 more months costs him £20M for no enjoyment and no hope. Can't see why he would stay.*

* £20M being a further £10M losses across the season and you can take £10M at least off the price of the club in League 2.

The Gomez/Lookman gravy train has gone and left him £45-55M out of pocket. His business plan is failed and in tatters. He has no football plan.

He doesn't give a vicar's pulpit about the club or the fans. The fact that he's been humiliated in his homeland (I believe) has only strengthened his resolve and he will do what he can to give payback; it's the way of the despot.

As for money? He knows he can probably recoup his losses elsewhere and seeing as CAFC was/is a toy/gamble for him he has probably already accounted for the losses anyway.

For the record, I totally agree with and support the 'protests' in his 'homeland'.
    Totally agree with everything of the above heaven knows where we will be when he decides to sell
  • Options

He may be a crackpot but anyone with his wealth who gaffer tapes his shoes and drives an old Volvo doesn't like losing money - and I think that will come before any supposed spite towards CAFC fans who might have humiliated him in his homeland.
  • Options

Think he will stay until it's obvious that we won't be going up next season. I guess January he will actively look for a buyer.

he's been doing just that since January. It's my considered opinion that there will be a sale before the end of May at the very latest.

God I hope you're correct but Gallen has joined. Players being linked (well one) plans being made.

Can't see that going on if a sale is effectively weeks away.

• Options

Maybe, but I put him more into the "cold hearted businessman" category. The best ones make rationale decisions based on fact/advice, not emotion. He must have some savvy about him to be worth what he is.

Sure, he can afford to lose another £20M without affecting his lifestyle but would he 'choose' to do so to spite some people he never engages with and whom will continue to bother him if he stays... I don't see it personally.
  • Options
    He said that he will be finished with football by the time he is 75.
    As he is now 71 it could be a few more painful years.
    Please God just let the senile old scrote come to his senses and go sooner rather than later