Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hermann

to Pompey on a free apparently. He has a clause saying he can go if we go down.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]to Pompey on a free apparently. He has a clause saying he can go if we go down.

I wouldn't be too sad to see that to be honest. He's been a good servant over the years but last season proved to me that he's not up to the job anymore.
  • Options
    Well, if he doesn't want to play for us now.....well, that's fine and thanks for all his efforts.
    Herman kept going when others would throw in the towel.

But if he should stay, despite age and persistant injuries, I'm sure he could still do a decent job for us in the CCC.
  • Options
    The number of clubs that he has been relegated with is no coincidence methinks...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]The number of clubs that he has been relegated with is no coincidence methinks...[/quote]

That's a bit harsh!!!

Don't see why Pompey want him though? They already have Traore at left......oh, now I see why.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

But if he should stay, despite age and persistant injuries, I'm sure he could still do a decent job for us in the CCC.

Not a personal comment aimed at you Oggy and you may well be right regarding Herman but I think there's quite a few Charlton fans guilty of underestimating the Championship.

I've lost count of the number of times I've read that players that didn't perform at all last season were going to 'do a job' or 'score a hatful'. I honestly don't think that players that were mediocre at best last season are suddenly going to start setting the world alight next because we've dropped a division.
  • Options
    He has been a great servant of our club and his "viking" spirit was often inspiring. I remember a game at St Andrews a few seasons ago which we won and he scored. His defensive courage that day was also imense.

I think he could do a job for us in the CCC but I wouldn't blame him trying for a last hoorah in the Prem.

If he is going then he goes with my best wishes.
  • Options
    Best of luck to the bloke
  • Options
    They could have a blinding centre half partnership next year, HH and Bramble,
  • Options
    Maybe I was being a bit harsh but he seems to be one of those players that is never average - he is either very very good or awful!
  • Options
    favourite hermann moment, scoring the diving header up at ewood park from di canios corner...and then plkaying most of the match with a bandaged head. i dont mind if he goes...but he was certainly a charlton hard-nut!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    got some nerve having that clause considering he was one of the reasons we were so shite at the back. over rated by a lot of people and by himself.

good riddance to him i say
  • Options
    The whole point of this season is to rebuild, so no great loss I think..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

But if he should stay, despite age and persistant injuries, I'm sure he could still do a decent job for us in the CCC.[/quote]

Not a personal comment aimed at you Oggy and you may well be right regarding Herman but I think there's quite a few Charlton fans guilty of underestimating the Championship.

I've lost count of the number of times I've read that players that didn't perform at all last season were going to 'do a job' or 'score a hatful'. I honestly don't think that players that were mediocre at best last season are suddenly going to start setting the world alight next because we've dropped a division.[/quote]

I can see your point but Kish was MOM at Leeds more than once and John Fortune was well rated by Stoke. Not saying it's going to be easy but IF and it is a very big IF players like Ambrose, Thomas and Diawara get on top of their game then they are good enough for a top six CCC team at least. Bougherra and Reid have shone at this level and Thatcher is good enough for the Prem let alone the CCC. Iwelumo has proved he can score double figures in the CCC and Varney has also scored at this level in a struggling team. That still leaves us short of a full squad especially in Midfield and in goal but there will still be a few more players coming in and a few going out.

If we and the players go out thinking we will just walk it we will get our arses spanked but there is solid base IMHO there to build on. Up to Pardew to do the job in the summer in terms of deals and loans and him and Parky to make to total more than the sum of the parts. At least both managers know this league.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]The whole point of this season is to rebuild, so no great loss I think..[/quote]

Agreed, at his best his main attribute was his impressive pace for such a big man (very mobile at left-back at first) which has long gone so its probably best if he goes now rather than deteriorate further on our payroll.

Good player though, we can't say he did not put his heart into it.
  • Options
    Just got a text alert through with a quote from Harry saying "He is a player I am very interested in".

He's also confirmed they have put in bids for Bramble, Viduka and Muntari.