Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why Not Have a Sponsorless Shirt While in League One?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Anyone have an idea what we got from Betdaq this season? Bet it wasn't much at all.

Edit - unintentional play on words..
  • Options
    Just saying, but the Upbeats have the best shirt sponsor and they always win by six or seven goals. Can't be a coincidence.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I think the beer should be free.

We don't sell much beer, so making it free would mean we'd shift more pints.

And if people drank loads and loads more, they'd forget how rubbish the football is and come back next week. Probably with a mate.

And I suspect the ground would look cool with more people in it. No?

I like this idea a lot more.
  • Options
    Every penny counts for clubs so why take it away from them?
  • Options
    I believe the current shirt deal is five figures - in fact I was told the basic was lower than that of a certain non-league team in Kent three levels down the pyramid, but I'm not sure that can be true. Can it?
  • Options
    jams said:

There's some weird old threads on here

Hey! This is a weird NEW thread!!!
  • Options
    Okay, so maybe this wasn't my best idea of all-time. I'll get back to the wine thread for now.
  • Options

I don't think any club in League One gets much revenue at all from their shirt sponsorship. I think we get less than a million and maybe far less, per year. This is for the name on the shirt I am talking about, not the kit maker.

So why not just eliminate the shirt sponsor and enlarge the emblem?

If we had a badge 50% larger and did not clutter up the shirt with a sponsor, I suspect it would look very cool and shirt sales would make up for the lost money from the sponsor. No?

I'm speechless.
  • Options
    If someone offered you £500,000 for your players of the club you own to wear a t-shirt with 'Greggs' on it for a year, you'd do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone have an idea what we got from Betdaq this season? Bet it wasn't much at all.

Edit - unintentional play on words..

Only guessing and I don't mean to be captain obvious but I'd say less than the sponsorship we got from Andrews Air Con & Greenwich Uni.

QPR are sponsored by Smarkets, a betting exchange just like Betdaq are but they are 20x more popular than 'our' sponsor.
  • Options

Halix said:

According to your logic we would need to sell at least 50-60000 shorts EXTRA to make up for a loss of a million pounds sponsorship, and as a lot of fans like shirts with sponsors, no chance.

That's IF our sponsorship is 1 mil. What if it is 250k? Which it might be. Then we would have to sell just 12,500-15,000 shirts to break even. I think we would do that EASILY.

Who are we going to sell these 15,000 shirts to ?