Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Coach for Johnnie
  • Options
    Probably start off as a coach then during the season when our thread bare squad is depleted by injury will be registered as a player again.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Probably start off as a coach then during the season when our thread bare squad is depleted by injury will be registered as a player again.

Which will be around the start of October then,
  • Options
    would like to see this myself only thing i wouldnt want to happen is new owners come in and have a complete clear out of coaching staff, i do think under a proper backing robinson wouldnt be that bad if he learnt to shut up from time to time, but under roland that will never happen. will gradually just get worse and within 5 years we will be in the same position as leyton orient.
  • Options
    Is this instead of one of the many coaches we have now or as an addition?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Is this instead of one of the many coaches we have now or as an addition?

That's why we need new larger dugouts
  • Options
    Blimey the dugouts will be half the length of the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovin' that, milo !
  • Options
    Very very funny milo
    Quality
  • Options
    I've got a horrible feeling it's the end for both Jacko and Solly as players at Charlton, sincerely hope i'm wrong........
  • Options

Firstly I want to make it clear that I agree 100% with the decision to add Jacko to the staff.

I will say though it's very odd that only a few weeks ago Karl was complaining about having too many coaches. KM said this was a legacy problem with coaches left from pervious managers.

The coaches who were here before him Nugent, Clarke and O'laughable. He agreed to O'laughable as part of his staff and according to KM it was his choice to extend his contract to the end of the season. Since KR came in Kevin Nugent has left. So the only 'legacy' coach is Simon Clarke who is very well thought of at the club.

KR has also brought in Barker, Bowyer and Jacko.

Hmm. Too many inconsistencies in the narrative there.

Rumour has it Barker and Clarke are on their way and O'Deary Me is only here till the summer, so It will be a reduced coaching staff.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I've got a horrible feeling it's the end for both Jacko and Solly as players at Charlton, sincerely hope i'm wrong........

Robinson made a point about it being important for Jackson and Solly to play the last game of the season, I feel like you might just be onto something with Solly
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Solly's only 26. Do you think we'll sell him ?
  • Options
    Solly will be here next season with Barnes as back up.
  • Options

more coaches than National Express

You stole that gag from me Lincs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Firstly I want to make it clear that I agree 100% with the decision to add Jacko to the staff.

I will say though it's very odd that only a few weeks ago Karl was complaining about having too many coaches. KM said this was a legacy problem with coaches left from pervious managers.

The coaches who were here before him Nugent, Clarke and O'laughable. He agreed to O'laughable as part of his staff and according to KM it was his choice to extend his contract to the end of the season. Since KR came in Kevin Nugent has left. So the only 'legacy' coach is Simon Clarke who is very well thought of at the club.

KR has also brought in Barker, Bowyer and Jacko.

Hmm. Too many inconsistencies in the narrative there.

Rumour has it Barker and Clarke are on their way and O'Deary Me is only here till the summer, so It will be a reduced coaching staff.
    I thought Barker had already gone to Rotherham.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Solly will be here next season with Barnes as back up.

I suggest this would be a mistake. Barnes is, correct me if I'm wrong, 20 and hasn't played a minute of first team football. Unless he is a Gomez, which I assume he isn't, I don't think we can afford to have inexperienced backup for solly
  • Options
    how many injuries will solly bounce back from recently become a father, hes probably earned an okayish wage for the past few years so if he has been sensible may have stashed some away, certainly doesn't seem like the flash type, he may of made the decision to go elsewhere, maybe even drop down a bit, personally id like him to stay on as long as he feels hes okay to play.
  • Options

how many injuries will solly bounce back from recently become a father, hes probably earned an okayish wage for the past few years so if he has been sensible may have stashed some away, certainly doesn't seem like the flash type, he may of made the decision to go elsewhere, maybe even drop down a bit, personally id like him to stay on as long as he feels hes okay to play.

When you take into consideration Solly's knee problems the only scenario where I could see him moving on is one where he runs down his contract and moves to another club on a free transfer, possibly on a low basic wage and bonus payments for appearances.

Good player that he is, the knee problems must be a major concern for any potential new club to consider if a fee was involved.

I just hope he stays until RD and the circus move on so he can help with our push back up the leagues.
  • Options
    They've been trying to ship Solly off for a while now. He's one of our biggest earners and that Gillingham story didn't come from nowhere. Yet again, all about making a quick buck for Roland. They don't care about the football.
  • Options
    I hope I'm wrong and it wouldn't be the first time KR said something that can be taken a number of ways. It's probably fair to say that even if Solly stays he will miss games and therefore cover as a minimum in that area is needed. But I fear he doesn't fit what KR wants from that position.

I can see him being sold for minimum money....
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Blimey the dugouts will be half the length of the pitch.

My thoughts also, some kind of role for JJ is (sorry for this term) a no brainer, but with all staff quality and not quantity must prevail.
  • Options

They've been trying to ship Solly off for a while now. He's one of our biggest earners and that Gillingham story didn't come from nowhere. Yet again, all about making a quick buck for Roland. They don't care about the football.

he has since signed a new contract, I assumed at the time at a reduced wage for longer period reflecting league 1 and his injuries.
  • Options

But I've heard our coaches turn up on time.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

But I've heard our coaches turn up on time.
    More than our CEO does...