Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton month by month stats

I hadn't realised how each month of the season was so extreme for Charlton. In every month, we were either play off standard/better or relegation standard. There were no mid-table months. Sheffield United achieved 72% of the possible points available over the season, Bolton Wanderers 62%, the other play off teams averaged 57% ranging from 53% to 59% of available points. The relegation teams averaged 31% with the range being 27% to 36%. So, here's Charlton month by month in order of success:

January: 78% - champions standard (2 wins, 1 draw, 0 defeats)
April: 62% - runner up standard (4 wins,1 draw, 2 defeats)
November: 58% - play off standard (2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat)
August: 53% - play off standard (2 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat)
October: 53% - play off standard (2 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat)
December: 33% - relegation standard (1 win, 2 draws, 2 defeats)
March: 33% - relegation standard (1 win, 2 draws, 2 defeats)
September: 27% - rock bottom standard (0 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat)
February: 14% - worse than rock bottom standard (0 wins, 3 draws, 4 defeats)

Funny old season, Saint.

** CORRECTED **

Comments

• edited April 2017
    I looked at August and thought that looks wrong, or we'd have been towards the top of the table.

It is wrong. We won 2 drew 3 & lost 1.

April is also wrong. It's won 4 drew 1 lost 2.

Interesting stats mind you.

• I looked at August and thought that looks wrong, or we'd have been towards the top of the table.

must get different results abroad.............
  • I looked at August and thought that looks wrong, or we'd have been towards the top of the table.

Thanks, @Covered End. You are, of course, quite right. I've amended the original post just in case someone looks at this thread in 50 years time.

must get different results abroad.............
    Actually, this happened to me, @golfaddick. On the shuttle train from Hong Kong airport to the city centre, they show news & sport. This included very brief highlights of a Charlton game on one occasion - it was the Premiership days, by the way. Without sound, I saw a brief video of Charlton scoring, but the scoreline came up with the result of a 1-0 defeat. I had to wait until I got to my hotel to find out the real score. We did indeed win 1-0.