Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

29% Drop and the Lowest home league average attendance in 20 years

Average home league attendance

16/17: 11162
15/16: 15632
14/15: 16708
13/14: 16129
12/13: 18503
11/12: 17428
10/11: 15582

Crowds down by 29% on last season and the lowest average home league attendance since 1996/1997 (11081) 20 years ago!

Season ticket sales down by 39%

The above is doing the rounds today on Twitter & goes to show how far the crowds have dropped at the Valley this season. Some people would say that this season's total figure is on the very generous side ( I would agree).

This includes numerous attempts by the football club to get extra people in with TWO "Fiver games" ,cheap tickets if bought by a season ticket holder and my absolute favourite "Have a free ticket if you let the trust have a coat from you"

Results may have got a few doubters to come back, but regrettably the senior management cocked that up by appointing 2 new managers and numerous new back room staff. They could never get run of results together and never threatened the play off positions. This from a squad that should have been top 6 this season.

Other off field staff have handed in their resignations but the only bit of an apology from the CEO at her numerous tick nod exercises with fans (The football league asked you to do 2/3, but why not keep digging that JCB size hole). Is that drop in attendances is down to her and the owner. If that was me, then that would be enough to tell me to find a new venture. "That's your opinion" is all people got back.

So we end up in the same position as of 2010/2011, and we all know what happened the following season. It's going to take something of the same level to get us out if this league, but we may have a manager in place who has got his club out of this division before, but do we have an ambitious owner with a football knowledge to give the funds required and then stop interfering by throwing scouting reports out of some young lad in Belgium. I doubt it.

Time will tell. Roll on August the 5th

Comments

• Options
    They do promise though that everything will be better next season - I for one buy into that fully & am really happy that they have never, not once said this before.

In the regime I trust....
  • Options
    If they stay the average attendance will drop to 8-9k next year. If they go it will revert back up to 15-16k.
  • Options
    I think you are being unfair on Katrien and Roland. Using like-for-like comparisons, look how crowds have boomed when comparing now with pre-Duchatalet. We are now on par with 1995-96. Everyone's a winner ...

1992-92 7,005
    1994-95 10,211
    1995-96 11,186
  • Options
    Despite all this there are still people supporting the regime.
    Just how far we have to go before people wake up to reality is beyond me.

Just sell the club
  • Options

Just sell the club

Relegation to the Conference would still not alter the apologists views.
  • Options
    Our gate was only that low in the nineties due to the reduced capacity I think
  • Options
    razil said:

Whoooosh
  • Options
    Whoosh yerself.. I was referring to the original post
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just sell the club

Relegation to the Conference would still not alter the apologists views.
    Why, what are they saying?
  • Options
    razil said:

The capacity of the Valley 20 years ago was around the 15 thousand mark, so at least 75% of the ground was full. Also this was around the time of Target 10,000, which was a success thanks to work by the club and supporters alike.

Now we have a Target 20,000 committee which will never reach those figures for years to come.
  • Options
    My recollection is we were at capacity (home ends) almost continually, could be wrong tho
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic, fighting to give their fans the most leg room in the football league.
  • Options
    At this rate will struggle to match the 8337 we crammed into home games in 1992-93 with the old stands in place and nothing in the East.
  • Options
    I think the £3 extra charge for paying on the day is another does not help.
  • Options
    clearly next year with the BTTV celebration need to match that average....... we might just do that.
  • Options
    Lalalalala just support the team. I remember Glikstein/Hulyer/Spivs etc etc etc :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Its interesting to note that average attendances at STVV St Truiden this year are 23.2% lower than last season. Average gate 6845. Thats a big drop over one year - biggest in the league. Dont know the reason.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avebel.htm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Douchebag,Katrien et al,well done indeed :(
  • Options
    Very sad state of affairs.
  • Options
    That's higher than the actual attendance figures because of the season ticket purchases.

I wonder what the actual through the gates numbers are?
  • Options
    Well I hope CARD are happy that the boycott they asked for was a successs
  • Options
    If failure is unacceptable for the Port Vale Chairman, why can't Katrien follow suit?!?
  • Options
    I would guess that 10-15% of ST holders are missing for each game.
    Just a guess.
  • Options
    I've started going to Stevenage instead, back to the valley as soon as the circus leaves
  • Options

Well I hope CARD are happy that the boycott they asked for was a successs

Not sure if you missed the smiley there other not?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

If failure is unacceptable for the Port Vale Chairman, why can't Katrien follow suit?!?

Perhaps because one of them has honour and principles and the other is a shameless and quite useless person who knows she is all but unemployable now the media has sussed her 'victimised little girl in a man's world' act.
  • Options
    I assume the away attendance has gone up due to the fans who would be doing more aways due to boycotting home games?

:lol: