Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OK Karl, spill the beans....

After the defeat to MK Dons, Karl Robinson said "“This has been the biggest learning curve – I’m talking in my life,” said the Charlton manager. “I have my reasons for saying that. At the end of the season I’ll speak freely about one or two things.

He added "“I know exactly what is wrong. I did in January, and I do now. At the moment I have to keep my counsel and find the right players to wear the shirt with pride.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/22329/22329/

Season's over. So spill the beans Karl. What are you going to speak freely about?

Comments

• Options
    He hasn't found the best pub nearby yet. Wants suggestions.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Carter said:

People who say things like that never end up speaking truthfully

Prime example: Diego Poyet.

Edit, Weegie has beaten me to it.
  • Options
    Maybe he is going to "shine a powerful light" on the goings on at the club. Wouldn't be the first time we'd heard something like that only for it to be followed by silence.
  • Options
    Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but Louis M has posted on twitter that Robinson's mood in the interview after Swindon had changed in tone. He's posted an audio clip.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Carter said:

Prime example: Diego Poyet.

Edit, Weegie has beaten me to it.
    The difference being Diego Poyet was a 19 year old kid, not an experienced football manager who spends seems to spend half of his life speaking to the media
  • Options
    Must have went on a diet
  • Options
    TBH say KR wants to slag off A and B, but he and the club need them gone, then he may have realised that doing so will reduce the chance of anyone else taking them.
  • Options
    the reason behind this seasons shower of shit - which it has been weve beaten 2 already relegated teams, and couldnt even perform against a team when it was a memorial to pc keith palmer. isnt down to 2 players its about the constant mismanagement of this club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

the reason behind this seasons shower of shit - which it has been weve beaten 2 already relegated teams, and couldnt even perform against a team when it was a memorial to pc keith palmer. isnt down to 2 players its about the constant mismanagement of this club.

I agree totally but I never expected KR to tell all, he may though let slip about players after they have long departed.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Well he is in good company with our SMT.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

I agree totally but I never expected KR to tell all, he may though let slip about players after they have long departed.
    hopefully cos lets face it you could probably count on one hand the players that want to be there.
  • Options
    For all of Gobbo's many failings, inability to speak has not been one that I've particularly noticed.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Maybe he is going to "shine a powerful light" on the goings on at the club. Wouldn't be the first time we'd heard something like that only for it to be followed by silence.

I think there are a lot of people that have dirt on Duchatelet, and who would like to tell. I bet though that as soon as they make any utterances that they might do, their friends and advisors start warning them of the possible impact on their future careers. After all, what other clubs are going to want to employ someone who washed their dirty linen in public?

To date Chris Powell is the only one who's really been publicly open. But he was the most obvious early victim of Duchatelet and had a massive reputation as a footballing good guy, not just at Charlton but all over. So he could stand reasonably assured that he wouldn't suffer too much as a result. GTKTN did well to get a few snippets from others, but I never got the sense that they were really keen to come out and tell their story.

I suspect the the full truth will only come out when some of the other wronged parties start retiring. By then it will be too late as either Duchatelet or Charlton Athletic will be dead.
  • Options

For all of Gobbo's many failings, inability to speak has not been one that I've particularly noticed.

My gut feel is if he is off, he will take the money and sign an NDA, like the others i assume. So I wouldn't expect to hear anything other than what what would have been pre agreed
  • Options
    ' I’m talking in my life'

The truest words Karl Robinson has ever spoken
  • Options
    Is he actually saying he's kept quiet?!!

Unbelievable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think that Daisy agreed an "outstanding" budget with him in principle after the run very poor results. A plan was worked out to identify and get stuff done early in the window. I think Belgium had a look at those plans and pulled the plug.

this. and will likely see us relegated next year if this wanker doesnt sell, think realistically we could be playing non league within 4 years.
  • Options

I think that Daisy agreed an "outstanding" budget with him in principle after the run very poor results. A plan was worked out to identify and get stuff done early in the window. I think Belgium had a look at those plans and pulled the plug.

this. and will likely see us relegated next year if this wanker doesnt sell, think realistically we could be playing non league within 4 years.
    I agree. This should be a massive concern to everyone, even those that just want to go and watch Charlton in peace.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I agree. This should be a massive concern to everyone, even those that just want to go and watch Charlton in peace.
    this is why i get annoyed when people that do stuff to antagonise the regime get slagged off for spoiling the games without us acting up you wont have charlton and a place to watch them.
  • Options
    Do we actually have any facts to back up this conjecture that has gone from "Spill the beans" to "We're in League 2 in season 18/19"?

We are three days into the closed season when the rest of the Leagues are still playing so hardly likely to be going over the top to get into transfer dealings with us.

SHG maybe right that they have pulled the plug, before opening the taps but its pretty early for us all to be wearing sackcloth and ashes!!
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I think we're in danger of spending to much time and energy making snarky comments about the fact that KR is gobby. He certainly is, but I think we know he meant (means?) well, and while he might not be the greatest coach or tactician he did energise the set up initially although obviously, until recently, this wasn't translated into wins. There was a growing consensus that he should be given a summer transfer window to get the players he wanted, but it's looking like that won't happen.

I think we should be concentrating on the fact that:

1. He is being absolutely shafted.
    2. We are being absolutely shafted.

And we need to:

3. Find out wtf is going on.
    4. Work out what we can do to draw attention to it, if not fix it.

Enough is enough.

He has been shafted ?
    He knew what he was getting involved with with the liar and RD
    Er, yes I'd say that's 99% certain.
    And whether he 'knew what he was getting himself into' is neither here nor there, you're taking your eye off the ball.
    Tbh, I doubt if he knew nearly as much as you think he did about Meire and Roland. He didn't live in the same bubble as we do. But he does now.
    Let's concentrate to the managemnt of the club rather than the manager.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Do we actually have any facts to back up this conjecture that has gone from "Spill the beans" to "We're in League 2 in season 18/19"?

We are three days into the closed season when the rest of the Leagues are still playing so hardly likely to be going over the top to get into transfer dealings with us.

SHG maybe right that they have pulled the plug, before opening the taps but its pretty early for us all to be wearing sackcloth and ashes!!

History under this ownership?
  • Options

Kap10 said:

History under this ownership?
    Not facts though, extrapolation maybe!!
  • Options
    Extrapolation - John McLaughlin
    Pretty serious stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSPSPb1gdFc
  • Options
    could be linked to these players

http://www.kentlive.news/six-charlton-athletic-transfer-targets-as-karl-robinson-gets-busy/story-30309285-detail/story.html

karls said what we need they've gone - nope sign some non league boys.

weve all said they wont change and were fucked until something major happens.