Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham v Tottenham .. Sky Sports .. Kick Off @ 20.00 Hrs.

Can West Ham regain some credibility at the athletics track, can Spurs maintain their chase for the title, a place in Europe (no Brexit here thank you very much) and cash to finance their palatial new HQ dahn the lane

These questions will be answered (or perhaps not) come 22.00 hours

Comments

• Options
    Will be very tasty there tonight
  • Options
    4-0 Spurs all day long
  • Options
    Pardew's on again ffs.
  • Options
    Going to give it 15 mins then have a bet
  • Options
    real tearaway start .. will it last ?
  • Options
    Spurs need to get their fingers out.
  • Options
    West Ham have played well tonight but been very disappointed with Spurs. Even if they manage a draw tonight the title is surely Chelsea's now.
  • Options
    For the West Ham fans probably their best match at the taxpayers stadium, for what it means to their opposition...

Takes them past 40 points as wel
  • Options
    Typically have saved our two worst performances in two years for them home and away but massive credit to them for finding a way to make Kane, Alli and Eriksen totally anonymous. Best anyone has nullified us for two seasons.

Disappointed but need to buckle down and cement second now, 2 pts required from Man Utd (h), Leicester (a) and Hull (a). Just hope we dont fade away like we did last season now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cracking game, first match I've watched for a little my time. Hard lines John
  • Options
    I wonder how the Hammers fans feel, just beat the Spurs but still a long way behind in the tabel. West Ham will know that they are not quiet ready to Challenge Chelsea. Spurs or Arsenal, just yet.

The move from Upton park will take time to adjust but what happened to the Marquee signings that the Fans were promised, shouldn't the hammers be spending a lot more on players, like 25m. Serious challenge is now needed from West Ham. They will finish a lot of points behind Spurs but are at least safe.

Good luck to Spurs for looking to take the 2nd spot. Looks like Spurs might have a new stadium on the horizon so a new dawn for them, good to see another London club up there and just to add that Wenger OUT could Help Spurs, wenger has become sterlile and predictable, are spurs ready for a champions league campaign.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Typically have saved our two worst performances in two years for them home and away but massive credit to them for finding a way to make Kane, Alli and Eriksen totally anonymous. Best anyone has nullified us for two seasons.

Disappointed but need to buckle down and cement second now, 2 pts required from Man Utd (h), Leicester (a) and Hull (a). Just hope we dont fade away like we did last season now.

Next year JohnBoy, next year. Just had too much to make up on Chelsea this year, but, last year aside, I genuinely reckon next year will be Spurs' big chance. Chelsea will be back in the Champions League and will need to replace Costa. Man Utd and Man City will still be in transition, Arsenal nowhere and Liverpool are where your lot were 2 or 3 seasons ago, i.e. dangerous but not quite ready for a title.

If Poch and the big players are still at the Lane next year, plus the prerequisite 2 or 3 quality additions, I think Spurs' will be a smart bet. There's is talent and now some experience in the side and lot of players that are a good age.

My bets are usually losers though to be fair.
  • Options

Cracking game, first match I've watched for a little my time. Hard lines John

Cant be too disapponted. Cant fault the team since Christmas. Just one of those nights. One bad performance in 5 and a half months.

I would have snapped your hand off for a second consecutive CL place at the start of the season so we're heading in the right direction.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

But look on the bright side JB. Finishing above Arsenal must feel like winning the league? It's just as rare.
  • Options
    Sky bet we're offering 7/1 on West Ham winning over 90 mins, £10 free bet for new customers with no deposit so went for it and won a cheeky £70, they let me withdraw the lot too instead of giving me free credit, happy days!
  • Options
    Not quite the point though is it?
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Next year JohnBoy, next year. Just had too much to make up on Chelsea this year, but, last year aside, I genuinely reckon next year will be Spurs' big chance. Chelsea will be back in the Champions League and will need to replace Costa. Man Utd and Man City will still be in transition, Arsenal nowhere and Liverpool are where your lot were 2 or 3 seasons ago, i.e. dangerous but not quite ready for a title.

If Poch and the big players are still at the Lane next year, plus the prerequisite 2 or 3 quality additions, I think Spurs' will be a smart bet. There's is talent and now some experience in the side and lot of players that are a good age.

My bets are usually losers though to be fair.
    The issue for Spurs is they'll be playing their games at Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not quite the point though is it?
    Unfortunately it is the point in my view - until fans stop acting as if they have an obligation to attend matches regardless of price, clubs will rationally continue to fleece them.
  • Options

Sky bet we're offering 7/1 on West Ham winning over 90 mins, £10 free bet for new customers with no deposit so went for it and won a cheeky £70, they let me withdraw the lot too instead of giving me free credit, happy days!

Why or how is it cheeky?
  • Options
    Exactly. Roger Johnson express d a similar view.
  • Options
    They were 17/2 on Betfair
  • Options
    West Ham's issue this season was not the move to new stadium but the fact that a lot of their players had their best possible season last year. Payet Noble etc could not play at the level again. Then they bought squad players to help in Europe rather than buying players to improve the first team.
  • Options
    Love seeing Spurs blow it again, especially against West Ham.
  • Options

Love seeing Spurs blow it again, especially against West Ham.

Blow it again? The title went in Nov when Kane was injured and we had 4 consecutive draws. To go on a run of 9 consecutive wins for the first time since the double year in '61 was a bloody miracle and it would have needed another miracle for Chelsea to fcuk up and they havent even come close. Chelsea deserve the title as they've been the most consistent over the season and have found a way to win on a regular basis, unlike us. Too many draws across the season have killed us, not last night.

So looking forward to 38 away games next season.
  • Options
    Think the Spurs gaffer made a big mistake by playing walker last night, he was woeful.
  • Options

Think the Spurs gaffer made a big mistake by playing walker last night, he was woeful.

He has looked well out of sorts last few weeks. Was diabolical 1st half against Palace especially. Rumour is he has had a massive fall out with Poch after he dropped him for the FA Cup Semi Final.
  • Options

Yes. I saw that, thought about it and didn't do it :-(