Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Son of Barnes

A friend just told me we have John Barnes's son on our books, but I've not come across him before and can't find much from searching. Anyone know anymore about him? How he's getting on etc.?

Comments

• Options
    Barnes has nearly a football team worth of kids but most are getting on to retirement age in football terms. I believe his youngest is called Alexander and is maybe around 15. No idea if he is a footballer though. Someone getting (very) confused with Aaron Barnes maybe?
  • Options
    Aaron Barnes is a hardworking lean talented athletic footballer who cannot be remotely related to the lump of lard that stole a living at the Valley.
  • Options

Aaron Barnes is a hardworking lean talented athletic footballer who cannot be remotely related to the lump of lard that stole a living at the Valley.

I doubt John Barnes in his prime, or even in his Charlton days, would struggle to get into our present squad.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I didn't think John Barnes was that bad for us
    He was bad because he put in so little effort.....true he wasn't too bad but he could have and should have made a far bigger effort.....much like Haslebaink.
    That's why they were both a waste of space......just going through the motions.
  • Options
    So it sounds like he's probably confused with Aaron Barnes. Got it. Thanks!
  • Options

I doubt John Barnes in his prime, or even in his Charlton days, would struggle to get into our present squad.
    I suspect John Barnes in his prime would have got into every Charlton side in history, even the very best ones, let alone the current rabble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Incorrect and rude. Double fail.
  • Options

That's funny because a bloke called Alan Curbishley - remember him? - says in his book that Barnes was absolute class from the minute he arrived to the minute he left.

Still, what would he know, eh?
    Chris Powell also said how brilliant he was
  • Options
    I thought that John Barnes was good for us, I certainly enjoyed watching him in a Charlton shirt ( will admit it was a bit tight) Top Man IMO
  • Options
    I was genuinely excited when he was announced as a new signing at a night match... JOHN BLOODY BARNES, now I would be happy with Kevin Lisbie.
  • Options
    Barnes should have stayed at Charlton. Was learning from a very good manager in Alan Curbishley, and had never coached anywhere.

Instead, Celtic thought someone with absolutely no experience could manage them (which, when you think of it, is probably true), and when he lost that gig, he suddenly decided that he was in the big time, and could do whatever he wanted.

Now, has no career in football worth talking about.