Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hans Jeppson

It would have been his birthday today.

Happy to say I saw him play but as a 9 year old nipper cannot really recall his skills and ability. I do seem to recall a Hans Jeppson "goal" though which was disallowed for a handball. I was standing behind Sam's goal so did not get a clear view of the incident.

Some years later a work colleague swore black and blue he was Danish and I won a five found bet, no small sum when my bank salary at the time was less than 400 per annum

Comments

• He went on a date with my late nan once! R.I.P Hans!
  • I saw him play as well. My favourite player still.

Only once......I wonder what went wrong there then?

No idea, they worked together in the same factory, I guess wages playing for Charlton wasn't that great back then

No idea, they worked together in the same factory, I guess wages playing for Charlton wasn't that great back then
    I'm sure he played as an amateur. Maybe some brown paper bags passed hands
  • It would have been his birthday today.

Happy to say I saw him play but as a 9 year old nipper cannot really recall his skills and ability. I do seem to recall a Hans Jeppson "goal" though which was disallowed for a handball. I was standing behind Sam's goal so did not get a clear view of the incident.

Some years later a work colleague swore black and blue he was Danish and I won a five found bet, no small sum when my bank salary at the time was less than 400 per annum

Were You born 1942 ?
  • Hello Striker, yes I was, April. Does that make me special?
  • I met and talked to Hans Jeppson some years ago at the Valley when I managed to blag my way into a reunion for the old Players. It was the first one that had taken place for years and was very well attended. Allan Simonsen was there as well. I remember Jeppson as being a tall,upright,imposing man but very friendly and both proud and nostalgic about his short time as a Charlton player. I got his autograph but wish now that I had got a photo as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• His exploit at The Valley is the sort of thing you'd think was preposterous if they put it in a film script.

I suppose yes it does make you special having endured all Ups down, downs, downs blip up & downs downs deeper and down of supporting CAFC for so long.

I read that Jeppson last game was 13 Jan 1951 for us in the Jimmy Seed story. I believe the club paid for a launch to take him to the ship for his journey home to Sweden straight after the game.

Only once......I wonder what went wrong mnnn then?
    He came over for a spell at Glickstens timber and played as an amateur for us.
  • Never saw him play. Although the way my late father eulogized him he must have been very special.

I suppose yes it does make you special having endured all Ups down, downs, downs blip up & downs downs deeper and down of supporting CAFC for so long.

I read that Jeppson last game was 13 Jan 1951 for us in the Jimmy Seed story. I believe the club paid for a launch to take him to the ship for his journey home to Sweden straight after the game.

Ups and downs aplenty that's for sure. Can anyone admit though to actually being moved to tears by Charlton. I can. .. Nearly.

Charlton were the only side in the four divisions to remain unbeaten at home and I went to the Valley this day to watch us play Manchester City. I think it was either Roy Paul or Don Revie who whipped a penalty past Bartram who hardly moved and City broke our proud record - recollections are probably jumbled since this must have been 1950s. I do remember however leaving the ground with a decided lump in my throat. Had I remained in England after 1962 there would no doubt have been plenty of lumps since.

Only once......I wonder what went wrong mnnn then?
    He came over for a spell at Glickstens timber and played as an amateur for us.
    I believe he was actually on a three month business course, nothing to do with the Glickstens.