Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Facebook moderation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39997579

I find it ridiculous how such a rich company can't keep up with awful content.

The amount of sexual and more concerning, horrifically violent content I've seen on Facebook is dreadful.

Now I know why the reports I've made in the past are deemed 'not against guidelines'... because they don't look at it! Time for governments to step in?

Comments

• Options
    Some of the stuff if it was an individuals own website they would be prosecuted. Ive seen some truely vile stuff appear on my page. The scarey thing is you can see this stuff based on the activities of your face book friends a person does not even have to search for it.
  • Options

Or stop doing Facebook.

Exactly. I kicked it into touch earlier this year , load of old boring crap.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Or stop doing Facebook.

Depends who your friends are... :smiley:
  • Options

buckshee said:

Or stop doing Facebook.

Depends who your friends are... :smiley:
    No, he's right.

His updates were both crap and boring

:wink:
  • Options
    At 31 I was at University when Facebook first came about and was only accessible if you had a University email address.

Although it has it uses, got rid of it about two years ago because it just developed into an absolute shit show where content you didn't want just kept getting thrown down your face.
  • Options
    My twitter feed is only sports, don't spend anytime searching just reading people I follow. Facebook I deleted years ago as I have no interest in what most people say.

I have a very contented existence!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    As much as Facebook would never admit it, the fact that people share this stuff means there is a significant interest in it. Banning it means less users, less advertising revenue, less money for shareholders. Same principle as internet providers blocking illegal streams, first one to do it will have customers leaving in thousands, maybe more.
    It's the old Grand Theft Auto argument though which was blamed for every violent crime amongst youths some years ago, just glosses over the real issue which is people are stupid and easily influenced.
  • Options
    Big Rob will look into it.