Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What sort of watch do you wear to a game?

Comments

• Options
    Timex Ironman set to a 45 minute countdown. Started on the whistle.
  • Options
    Watch thief alert!
  • Options
    I think my watch was running backwards for a lot of this seasons games - certainly felt like it.
  • Options

a rolex :-)

not really, but a chronograph although I never use the features

but you don't generally go anymore (well, certainly not home games) so it doesnt really matter if you did wear your Rolex or not.
  • Options
    I wear the same watch as I wear all week.

I only have one watch. Didn't have one for years, got given one when marrying the ex as a wedding present and have now upgraded to a similar looking but slightly better watch.
  • Options
    Happily recently upgraded to a not similar looking but totally superior girlfriend :blush:
  • Options
    What an odd question
  • Options

What an odd question

With the next one being what strap do you prefer?!
  • Options
    F*** off Otto, this board was better when you went quiet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why is it that every game at the valley kicks off about 3 minutes late. Being a moany old git it annoys me.
    So I have an idea, whatever watch or clock they use at the valley could they please fast forward it 3 minutes so that we can actually kick off on time.
    Rant over

The reason they ko 3 mins late ol boy so you can get you large carcass out of crossbars and not miss the kick off. Rant over
  • Options
    A Maximillian radio controlled wristwatch.
    Brilliant clean dial. Second hand, and date found by pushing the crown and the second hand moves to the number of the day.
    If I don't know what month or year it is I'm fecked.
  • Options
    Do many people, actually, have a special football watch?

I have one I wear almost all of the time, and another one I take on holiday and to festivals etc.

If I want to time the kickoff etc. I just use my phone.
  • Options

I have one I wear almost all of the time, and another one I take on holiday and to festivals etc.

The reply, what time can you make it.
  • Options

Why is it that every game at the valley kicks off about 3 minutes late. Being a moany old git it annoys me.
    So I have an idea, whatever watch or clock they use at the valley could they please fast forward it 3 minutes so that we can actually kick off on time.
    Rant over

Different hemisphere.

• Options

I was actually bought a Charlton watch for my 40th!
  • Options
    My match watch!

Only had 14 batteries and 11 straps!

• Options
    a Patek Phillipe Grand Complications

It's a model that reflects our CEOs attitude to the most rudimentary of tasks.
  • Options
    I am an exponent of the Casio G shock. Wear a blue digital display one for work and a big chunky bastard for everything else football included
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    God you know it's the summer break and nothing is happening when we are talking about match day watches
  • Options
    Got a slow watch, haven't worn it to a match, as I think it might be too quick for our midfield.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

It would tend to be a Rolex ;-)

Well it will be soon as my dear lady wife is buying me one for my 60th - that's if the dealer can get hold of the one I've ordered.

Yes I know I'm a very lucky boy!

Sounds good. Where exactly do you sit and what route do you take back to your car ?

• Options
    Armani
  • Options
    Struggling with the concept of sitting there timing the game. The countdown is on the scoreboard and ultimately you have no clue just what added time the referee will add anyway. Seems fairly pointless to me.
  • Options
    Acab said:

Rant over

The reason they ko 3 mins late ol boy so you can get you large carcass out of crossbars and not miss the kick off. Rant over
    True story.
    A few seasons back we were playing millwall away.
    At a street vendors in borough market the bloke was selling 12inch chorizo sausage in French bread.
    ACAB asked how much is it for two sausages in French bread. The vendor looked shocked and said nobody has ever eaten two
    But ACAB did.
    And he has the cheek to say I've got a large carcass. :smile:
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    A wristwatch​.

I find a fob watch slightly too much for football.
  • Options
    Carter said:

I am an exponent of the Casio G shock. Wear a blue digital display one for work and a big chunky bastard for everything else football included

Very good tool watches - every collection should have one.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

It would tend to be a Rolex ;-)

Well it will be soon as my dear lady wife is buying me one for my 60th - that's if the dealer can get hold of the one I've ordered.

Yes I know I'm a very lucky boy!

Sounds good. Where exactly do you sit and what route do you take back to your car ?

I never go anywhere without my close protection team!
  • Options
    This one. I dread the day it stops on the green part.