Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Article in the Times on Yann

Interesting article on Yann in the Times (can't see another thread on it). Sadly we don't even get a small mention. Shame as would have been good to reflect on his time with us and how his career took a turn for the better - a lot to do with SCP. Says he felt isolated at Leicester and Bournemouth. Pretty sure he didn't when he was with us. I hope not anyway

Comments

• Options
    Pretty sure he doesn't at Reading. They seem to know a good thing when they see it.
  • Options
    He's always said good things about Charlton, not the regime, so I doubt it's his omission from the article. It's a Shame because his career was going nowhere after he left Leicester and we turned it around with good management and hero worship.
  • Options

Interesting article on Yann in the Times (can't see another thread on it). Sadly we don't even get a small mention. Shame as would have been good to reflect on his time with us and how his career took a turn for the better - a lot to do with SCP. Says he felt isolated at Leicester and Bournemouth. Pretty sure he didn't when he was with us. I hope not anyway

Link?
  • Options
    Our songs for Yann were a bit better than this (to tune of Total Eclipse of the heart):

Kermorgant, even though he looks a bit overweight

You know Nigel’s scouting is always thorough

This is more than I can bare, Kermorgant, why oh why Bruno, Steve and Nobby hit the net, Kermorgant, why oh why

What happened next I will never forget as I watched my TV screen

I was sure he would have ripped it, I could not believe what I had seen when the stupid w***er chipped it

A season full of hope and dreams fell apart at the seams

Confidence is one thing but you took it too far, did someone tell you that you were Eric Cantona?
  • Options

Of all the players bought and sold under this lot yann' s departure still angers me the most

Your boring me with this now Blackpool.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Of all the players bought and sold under this lot yann' s departure still angers me the most

Your boring me with this now Blackpool.
    I bore most appolagists
  • Options
    Luv yann
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had the pleasure of 'meeting up' with Yann in Marbella after we had beaten St Mirren in a pre-season warm-up some 4/5 years ago, and i can see where the isolated bit comes from - he comes over as a bit quiet/insular , and didnt seem to be amongst the main crowd of players when they came out. When i asked him if he was 'out on the town' in Puerto Banus along with the other players , he just responded with 'sleep'. A typical French person and player with values different from a 'normal' English player.
    I have a heck of a lot of time and respect for the guy.