Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 20 goalscorers

2»

Comments

• Options

7 for me.

Hales, Flanagan, Peacock, Robinson, Leaburn, Lee, Horsfield

Think you must have seen Kenning as well. I seem to remember he was Keith's replacement.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Peacock was still playing for Charlton 7 years after Kenning departed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Peacock

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Kenning
  • Options
    I saw a grand total of.... ZERO.
  • Options
    Same as LenGlover, I saw 10 of them play for Charlton plus Stuart Leary play cricket for Kent.
  • Options
    Is that league goals only? If it includes cup goals as well I think Jacko may have sneaked onto the list
  • Options

Is that league goals only? If it includes cup goals as well I think Jacko may have sneaked onto the list

Pretty sure that is cups included, as I thought Leary was the top league scorer.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Wait why is Statto an insult? You're into your Charlton Stats... maybe not so much to be pre-occupied by them but still.

It's history not stats.
    Are they not historical stats?
  • Options
    8 for me
  • Options

7 for me.

Same for me - cracking times watching them play.
  • Options
    Leaburn and Rob(ert) Lee.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Wait why is Statto an insult? You're into your Charlton Stats... maybe not so much to be pre-occupied by them but still.

"Statto" was a "anorak" bloke from the Baddiel & Skinner tv show from the 90's. Bloke was in his late 20's with glasses & would spout off meaningless football stats..........
  • Options
    Just 4.

For a centre forward Carl Leaburn's goals per game is poor but I'm sure if 'assists' stats existed in his era he would be high up the list. That's how I remember it anyway. I may be wrong????
  • Options

Super Clive had a 1 in 2 ratio for us, nearly 50 goals in less than 100 games. Nobody else in recent years has come near that

Darren Bent wasn't far of 79 games 37 goals.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Can I challenge you stattos to find out Charlton's best players list for goals per game?

Despite the "statto" insult I will try.

Dean Chandler 100% as scored in every game he played.

Later played for an England disability side.

But for players who played more than one or a handful of games.

George Tadman scored 50 (47 league plus 3 FA Cup) goals in 93 games (87 league, all top flight and 6 FA Cup) in the three seasons before WW2 when we were very good but that is beaten by Fred Whitlow who got 65 Goals (61+4) in 100 games (95 + 5) in the 2nd and 3rd divisions from 1927 to 1931.

However I think the winner is, until @shirty5 corrects me, is Ralph Allen

54 games and 48 goals (2 and 1 in the FA Cup) in our two consecutive promotion seasons in 35 and 36

In 1934/5 he scored 32 league goals in only 28 league games. This is still a club record for most goals in a season.

Seed sold him to Northampton but did replaced him with Tadman.
    Dazzler21 said:

Can I challenge you stattos to find out Charlton's best players list for goals per game?

Dazzler21 said:

Despite the "statto" insult I will try.

Dean Chandler 100% as scored in every game he played.

Later played for an England disability side.

But for players who played more than one or a handful of games.

George Tadman scored 50 (47 league plus 3 FA Cup) goals in 93 games (87 league, all top flight and 6 FA Cup) in the three seasons before WW2 when we were very good but that is beaten by Fred Whitlow who got 65 Goals (61+4) in 100 games (95 + 5) in the 2nd and 3rd divisions from 1927 to 1931.

However I think the winner is, until @shirty5 corrects me, is Ralph Allen

54 games and 48 goals (2 and 1 in the FA Cup) in our two consecutive promotion seasons in 35 and 36

In 1934/5 he scored 32 league goals in only 28 league games. This is still a club record for most goals in a season.

Seed sold him to Northampton but did replaced him with Tadman.
    Dazzler21 said:

Dean Chandler also made an appearance from off the bench to ruin his 100% record.

The only player I can think off who scored the same amount of goals as appearances would be Billy Beggs
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ashers said:

7 for me.

Same for me - cracking times watching them play.

That's the ones I saw playing - I also saw Eddie Firmani in the dugout but I suppose that doesn't count :-)

The generation before me seemed to agree that Firmani and Leary were the kings, although those that saw Charlie Vaughan really rated him as well - a battering ram of a player by all accounts.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Super Clive had a 1 in 2 ratio for us, nearly 50 goals in less than 100 games. Nobody else in recent years has come near that

Darren Bent wasn't far of 79 games 37 goals.
    And (mainly) at a higher level too
  • Options
    Billy Beggs spot on, must have the only 100% strike rate in the Full Members Cup too!
  • Options
    Alan Hart. 3 games 2 goals.
  • Options
    Sweaty could have been up there after 2 goals in his first 3 games.

Albeit in the wrong net...