Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do many 'old faces' ever tell Meire what they think?

edited May 2017 in General Charlton
By old faces, I mean ex players etc. The likes of Derek Ufton....Keith Peacock, Theo Foley, Brian Kinsey, Colin Walsh, Colin Powell, Bob Bolder......forgive me if I've missed a few.
Does Steve Sutherland ever bend her ear.......what about ex-directors etc?
Has anyone any knowledge of well established faces from the lounges telling her what they think.....surely somewhere along the line she's been taken to task by someone in full view of others?
Has anyone first hand knowledge of any such confrontation?
What is the general feeling on match days towards her....frosty.....indifferent....hostile......or even (god forbid), cordial?
Looking at the directors box nowadays, one hell of a lot of old faces are no longer to be seen, many of whom are conspicuous by their absence!

Comments

  • I have to attend a sponsors match once a season and all the ex players that host us have not shown any hostility towards her.

    In fact I will not name names but what I have seen appears to be the opposite, all jokes, smiles and banter.
  • At the Burnley protest game at the end of the relegation season, there certainly seemed to be plenty of support from the directors box including some of the familiar faces you mention. I seem to remember there being reports of a former director being forceably removed from the box after the game when he wanted to stay and applaud the protesters.
  • At the Burnley protest game at the end of the relegation season, there certainly seemed to be plenty of support from the directors box including some of the familiar faces you mention. I seem to remember there being reports of a former director being forceably removed from the box after the game when he wanted to stay and applaud the protesters.

    David White per chance?
  • At the Burnley protest game at the end of the relegation season, there certainly seemed to be plenty of support from the directors box including some of the familiar faces you mention. I seem to remember there being reports of a former director being forceably removed from the box after the game when he wanted to stay and applaud the protesters.

    David White per chance?
    Think so. Although I couldn't say for certain.
  • "North Cyprus Joyes" - what 's that all about then @Henry Irving ?
  • Pedro45 said:

    "North Cyprus Joyes" - what 's that all about then @Henry Irving ?

    private joke
  • Pedro45 said:

    "North Cyprus Joyes" - what 's that all about then @Henry Irving ?

    private joke
    On a public forum.

    Illogical, Captain.
  • Pedro45 said:

    "North Cyprus Joyes" - what 's that all about then @Henry Irving ?

    private joke
    On a public forum.

    Illogical, Captain.
    if you say so
  • Sponsored links:


  • Pedro45 said:

    "North Cyprus Joyes" - what 's that all about then @Henry Irving ?

    private joke
    On a public forum.

    Illogical, Captain.
    It was really funny tickled me, I literally laughed out loud at it
  • Aren't many of the names mentioned on the payroll one way or the other?

    If 'yes' then they are unlikely to raise their heads above the parapet
  • LenGlover said:

    Aren't many of the names mentioned on the payroll one way or the other?

    If 'yes' then they are unlikely to raise their heads above the parapet

    This
  • LenGlover said:

    Aren't many of the names mentioned on the payroll one way or the other?

    If 'yes' then they are unlikely to raise their heads above the parapet

    Really, employees not taking their boss to task in full view of others ? Whatever next ?
  • edited May 2017
    Very disappointing replies thus far......was hoping for some revealing stuff.....can only say I'm both surprised and disappointed, there must surely be someone who can explain what the general feelings are back in the VIP lounges and how Meire is viewed and handled in their company.
  • She is probably quite the flirt.

    She will be really nice when you first meet her. It would be quite easy to get along with her.

    If you go the opposite way and you are not taken in by the charm she naturally intends to impose. Then she will rather quickly be someone on the list of people she hates...and she will act on it.

    That's both men and women.

    You hear a lot of things from people. She's either really really nice....or she's rather particularly cold and very much wants to piss on you.

    I guess it's you treat her well and not question her, she will probably be nice to you in return.

    You question anything about her, unless it's a tick box exercise, if she can, she will just instantly throw you out and dispose of you.

    She is the CEO of the club.
  • Dave2l said:

    She is probably quite the flirt.

    She will be really nice when you first meet her. It would be quite easy to get along with her.

    If you go the opposite way and you are not taken in by the charm she naturally intends to impose. Then she will rather quickly be someone on the list of people she hates...and she will act on it.

    That's both men and women.

    You hear a lot of things from people. She's either really really nice....or she's rather particularly cold and very much wants to piss on you.

    I guess it's you treat her well and not question her, she will probably be nice to you in return.

    You question anything about her, unless it's a tick box exercise, if she can, she will just instantly throw you out and dispose of you.

    She is the CEO of the club.

    Squirrel face is a fraud.
  • Let's face it most of them need to grow a pair,

    Simply yes men who will be gone come the revoloution.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Let's face it most of them need to grow a pair,

    Simply yes men who will be gone come the revoloution.

    Hate to say it HP.......but for the most part I think you're right.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!