Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 'Pissed of cos you had to miss the charity match' thread...

Right - now its over I can comment on it.

Words can't express how much I was pissed off to have to miss the match. I was so keyed up when I heard about it - only to find out within a week that it clashed with the most important three days of the year for me at work. No amount of howling, begging, crying or pleading would have made any difference - no work this week - no job next.

So I have deliberately not said a word about it ever since I found out, as it would have only depressed me. Seeing the pictures and hearing about the day, reading how much money was raised and readin the posts about it has only made it worse for me :(

I'm glad everyone had such a great time, and so proud of all the money raised - there can't be another club like ours in the country. please though, spare a thought for me - if anyone else says how great the day was I'll shoot myself...

There HAS to be another one next year!

Comments

• Options
    Mate!

I feel for you I really do...............it was a corker.

I agree with you.

It MUST happen again!
  • Options
    Agree with you Leroy about missing the day but mine was purely down to my incompetence with entering diary dates, which ended up with me being in Istanbul instead of the valley. Although I did manage to howl on the CD.
  • Options
    i played 5-a-side Monday night at goals in Elmer's end, specifically said to the rest of the guys that I'd be shirking all challenges as I didn't want to risk get injured ahead of Tuesday. what happens? i didn't shirk a challenge for 40 minutes, but then with no-one within 2 metres of me, the ball goes behind me, i turn and go over on my ankle, hear a lovely *twang* sound, tore my anterior ligament in my ankle, the thing came up like a balloon immediately.

the swelling has gone down now but I'm still on crutches. thankfully i didn't fracture my fib, but i was devastated on Monday night and pretty inconsolable all of Tuesday. sounds like you guys had a great time, and I'm glad the pathetic came away with a 1-0 victory, it looked a dead cert pen from where i was hobbling!!!
  • Options
    I felt for you RHb when i heard that. You must have been gutted... could you not have skipped monday's game?
  • Options
    TOTALLY

I was only going to be a linesman as I felt I wasn't up to playing but seeing some of the biftas on show I should have agreed to play. Having said that I would not have been able to anyway as I am still suffering from getting knocked off my bike. I will definitely do it if it is arranged again.
  • Options
    Yeah i was a bit of an idiot not to get involved, sounds like it was a brilliant day.

Same date next year ;-)
  • Options
    Can we make it a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or friday next year? Tuesday's are the only day that I can't make due to childminding arrangements with my ex. Would have loved to been involved in this and really gutted that I wasn't.
  • Options
    Equally gutted and very keen to be involved in the next one, if there is one arranged
  • Options
    I've only just started playing footer again after my third knee operation, and didnt want to embarass myself (more than usual).. am very envious though.
  • Options
    family commitments kept me away.