Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Funeral songs

I was at a funeral today for my ex neighbour. A lovely old bloke who passed aged 94.
The song at the end was Adios amigo by Jim Reeves. Which was apt.
What do you want for your funeral?
I'd like 'til I die by the Beachboys at the end. Not sure about the other tunes/songs yet.

Comments

• Explosion in the Sky "Your Hand In Mine"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzIK5FaC38w
  • Recent mates passing was M&W bring me sunshine. Have requested no funeral but when my ashes are scattered in the Thames, a Cave/Kylie one for me. Can't decide which. Henry Lee or Wild Roses
  • Restless Legs by Half man half biscuit.
  • I think coffin comes in to the Red red robin.
  • Always said I would like mull of kintyre no singing, grandad had sailing - Royal Marines band and my nan had time to say goodbye
  • Live Forever - Oasis
  • Life in Technicolour ii by Coldplay
  • I've already chosen my funeral song - Handle with care by Tom Petty or The Traveling Wilburys
  • Enter to green onions, abide with me in the middle, going out with champagne supernova.
    Everyone to wear red, especially the Millwall and Chelsea family
  • Sponsored links:

• Return to Sender
  • Me - I am the resurrection (or Waterfall) - stone roses

Off it - nothing else matters - Metallica (this will happn before me)
  • Highway to Hell.
  • Final Reel - Patti Smith
  • Highway to Hell.

Exactly, not sure if you mean it but I do would love to see the vicar's face.
  • I have not thought of a song, but I am insistent that the hearse goes past The Valley for me to say goodbye.
  • cfgs said:

Highway to Hell.

Would be a bit tricky seeing the Vicars face though.

Anyway, this thread has really cheered me up no end.
  • Rancid- Daly city train
    Or Lou Reed - Perfect day
  • cfgs said:

Highway to Hell.

Would be a bit tricky seeing the Vicars face though.

Anyway, this thread has really cheered me up no end.
    Exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017

I have not thought of a song, but I am insistent that the hearse goes past The Valley for me to say goodbye.

I thing you should also make sure the hearse goes to Fomby as well - there is a woodland there and part of it is called Red Squirrel Walk :wink:
  • SDAddick said:

Explosion in the Sky "Your Hand In Mine"

Funnily enough, that's the band I use for wedding videos! Usually First Breath After a Coma.

We also used Red Red Robbin for dad's funeral. I'd probably take that too for my entrance music.

• Maybe this

https://youtu.be/6ILUpT2lWuE

Works well in the piano
  • So hard to choose but no Charlton songs or RRR for me.

Days by the Kinks,

A lark ascending

And if I was having a joke "Everybody knows this is nowhere" by Neil Young but maybe not.
  • So hard to choose but no Charlton songs or RRR for me.

Days by the Kinks,

A lark ascending

And if I was having a joke "Everybody knows this is nowhere" by Neil Young but maybe not.

Had this at my Dad's funeral.

I'd have Nimrod by Elgar
  • Electric Dreams - Human League
  • Hoppipolla would be one I'd want for my funeral if taking a serious note... Definitely RRR at some point.

I'm torn because I've already said that when / if I die in unfortunate or suspicious circumstances I dont want to be mourned or if the latter, for family to waste their time spending years to find out what truly happened etc...

I dont take life seriously and always try to put a smile on the faces of those around me even if it makes me look on the verge of stupid (which I know Im not) so ideally I'd just love for my funeral to be one big party!!
  • One of mine would be The Waterboys, the whole of the moon.

Always like it, I can remember bringing my baby daughter home from hospital after she was born. It was the first song that came on the radio when we were in the car.
  • I've sorted mine out. Abide with me, Lord of the Dance and I Vow to Thee my country.

Went to a funeral a few weeks back for my landlord who was in the Gurhka regiment during WWII, and one of his regiment played the last post at the graveside.

Not a dry eye in the house.