Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life charity games (22nd May 2007) - The Official Match Highlights thread

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
From the various discussions on the site today / yesterday it sounds like there were some fairly memorable performances / incidents in the 2 matches. Killer's Beard's goal, a debatable (according to some) penalty, a disallowed goal, some quite impressive saves, and one of the goalies deciding to go up on the attack at one point, are some of the things that have been mentioned as far as I can remember.

So, for the benefit of those of us who weren't there (or were there but then killed a significant number of brain cells at the party afterwards), and in the absence of any highlights on YouTube, what incidents would you have included in the highlights if you'd been on MOTD? Blow by blow accounts appreciated, a bit of exaggeration or bias expected. Hopefully we can get a reasonable mix of the good, the bad, the silly and the controversial.

Comments

• Options
    My brother celebrating a la the real Killer.

His face!

Legendary!
  • Options
    The highlight for me was a steward going around the 100 or so people in a stand that holds 8,000 and telling them to sit down.

Before the teams had even come out !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]The highlight for me was a steward going around the 100 or so people in a stand that holds 8,000 and telling them to sit down.

Before the teams had even come out !!

That must be the same steward that told my Mum off for laughing after he'd told two young boys to sit down during the second match! He lowered his glasses and told her "It's very serious you know". Poor lads walked off and sat/stood somewhere else after that.
  • Options
    that's the one.

the subs also got told off (twice) for learning against an advertising hoarding.

Bless em, only doing what they're told to do, but i dread to think how they would react and cope if there was an actual emergency situation !!
  • Options
    the loveliest moment for me was holding up the auction prizes and showing to the audience... for Dave to say "normally at these functions you get a nice dolly bird showing you the prizes but tonight you have to settle for Brenda."

charmed!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    didn't have the camera ready so the quality isn't good but here's the penalty from the second game
  • Options
    when it was pointed out to the manager and assistant manager of junk food addicks, that they infact had 12 players on the pitch for at least a minute!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]when it was pointed out to the manager and assistant manager of junk food addicks, that they infact had 12 players on the pitch for at least a minute!!![/quote]

I was going to try that too but bottled it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]when it was pointed out to the manager and assistant manager of junk food addicks, that they infact had 12 players on the pitch for at least a minute!!!

We got confused as Tav put on a sub every three minutes for the last 20 minutes! It's just not Ketman is it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]the loveliest moment for me was holding up the auction prizes and showing to the audience... for Dave to say "normally at these functions you get a nice dolly bird showing you the prizes but tonight you have to settle for Brenda."

charmed!

Very cutting and unfair...but his delivery was superb!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes it was surprisingly enough for him.
    i laughed... oh how i laughed. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Yes it was surprisingly enough for him.
    i laughed... oh how i laughed. :-)

And then followed it up with a swift headlock and a good handbagging when no one was looking?
  • Options
    Me tripping over my own shoelaces and taking a tumble in front of the crowd........... to a cheer!!
  • Options
    that was brilliant!
  • Options
    Me hunting around the away end for the ball with AFKA shouting "Shame there are no Palace in there.........."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]that was brilliant!

I that the little roll I did at the end was particularly good...
  • Options
    Highlight was, after in the bar i was pissed ans i tried to get a pic of ketters and carter, so i held a full pint of beer in between my arm and my ribs, all of a sudden they all start laughing, as i am spilling about half of it down my shirt jeans and trainers unbeknownst to me! what a wally! Its a funny pic tho, carter is laughing and pointing!
  • Options
    I saw that Ollie - you were oblivious to why people were in hysterics ................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Highlight was, after in the bar i was pissed ans i tried to get a pic of ketters and carter, so i held a full pint of beer in between my arm and my ribs, all of a sudden they all start laughing, as i am spilling about half of it down my shirt jeans and trainers unbeknownst to me! what a wally! Its a funny pic tho, carter is laughing and pointing!

where are your pics ollie? you were taking loads in the evening
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Highlight was, after in the bar i was pissed ans i tried to get a pic of ketters and carter, so i held a full pint of beer in between my arm and my ribs, all of a sudden they all start laughing, as i am spilling about half of it down my shirt jeans and trainers unbeknownst to me! what a wally! Its a funny pic tho, carter is laughing and pointing!

ah i forgot about that..
    sorry, but we were p1ssing ourselves watching that!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carling, did i meet you on tuesday?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

where are your pics ollie? you were taking loads in the evening

I cant find my camera lead, so i need to go to me old dears tonight and borrow hers, burn them onto disc and voila! I got some nice group photos and stuff. A great one of Brenda and ooooh aaaah with the killer/che pic thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    cool. Look forward to seein them. I remember you taking one large one of us at the bar so look forward to seeing that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]cool. Look forward to seein them. I remember you taking one large one of us at the bar so look forward to seeing that.

thats a good un that as far as i can see in the little digi camera preview, its got you lot with Martin Simons (top man he is) and David White too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Carling, did i meet you on tuesday?!

we were introduced i think mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]cool. Look forward to seein them. I remember you taking one large one of us at the bar so look forward to seeing that.

thats a good un that as far as i can see in the little digi camera preview, its got you lot with Martin Simons (top man he is) and David White too.

are you inferring that David isnt a top man either? he reads this site you know... brilliant!
  • Options

PMSL!! Although I wasnt there (Grrrrr) I can just imagine it!!
  • Options
    another highlight was being able to drink a beer in your seat. Fabulous.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]

PMSL!! Although I wasnt there (Grrrrr) I can just imagine it!!

it was quality!
    He leant backward to take the pic & the beer just started pouring down his shirt
  • Options
    I remember that!! He was soaked!!