Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

liverpool fans

i know that english fans abroad usually get labelled and treated as all trouble makers, but some of the the stories coming out about incidents last night include fans getting through security checks then handing (and even selling) tickets back through to other fans and fans scaling barriers etc to gain entry.
its been well publicised about the number of ticketless fans travelling out there, sky even followed a campervan load on their journey and not all of them had tickets.
i sympathise with genuine fans on the allocation issue (5000 seats not being sold due to advertising hoardings ffs) and can understand people still wanting to be part of the day and go to watch it in a bar out there, but if one english club should know the consequences of lack of behaviour/organisation it should be liverpool.
this is not intended to lay blame for hillsboro, just to recognise what can happen with bad organisation and/or fans behaviour.

Comments

• Options
    exactly right, couldn't of put it better myself.

problems seemed to start with a charge at a gate 15 mins before KO. If you had a genuine ticket, you would of made sure you were there earlier than 15 mins before the game.

And the moan when the police fired tear gas....

Without generalising, the Liverpudlians (Everton as well) are exactly the same as the Mancs, it is never their fault, its always someone elses....
  • Options
    Did you know that 85% of scouse men have had sex in the shower?

+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    The other 15% haven’t been to prison yet!

Ha ha ha
  • Options
    but it was the polices fault, uefa's fault, rick parruy's fault and everyones else's fault but the scumbag fans.
  • Options
    The thing that gets on my goat is that we are one of the clubs that they blame for Heysel!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]The thing that gets on my goat is that we are one of the clubs that they blame for Heysel!

Eh do they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]The thing that gets on my goat is that we are one of the clubs that they blame for Heysel!

Eh do they?

How's that then??
  • Options
    Haven't you heard that before? They claim that a lot of English clubs travelled to Europe with them (probably true), and they were the ones who caused the trouble. Charlton and Millwall were two of the clubs they named. They forget about the twenty odd scousers who got arrested that night.
  • Options
    I know Liverpool fans used to claim there were London fans with right-wing tendancies in their end that caused the trouble but I thought they always claimed they were Chelsea
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Did you know that 85% of scouse men have had sex in the shower?

+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    The other 15% haven’t been to prison yet!

Ha ha ha[/quote]

Hahaha nice one Cub_it!!
  • Options
    www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article1832527.ece

Others had paid £100 for what they knew were forgeries but they hoped might get them through. “What have you got?” one fan asked another as they jostled in the first queue. “A piece of paper that’s as good as a piece of s***e,” he replied before turning to his teenage son. “Don’t worry, lad, we’ll get in. It’s the European Cup final, we always get in.” And how were they intending to do so? “We’re going to steam the c***s,” he explained.

Many of them did clearly succeed in getting in illegally because the Liverpool end last night was packed to the point where many feared it was becoming dangerous. The police were aware of a vast excess of bodies in the lower tier. When the game was still 30 minutes from starting, some fans at Gate 35 were screaming at stewards to stop letting any more people in.

There's Liverpool great 'European history' again coming forward
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article1832527.ece

Others had paid £100 for what they knew were forgeries but they hoped might get them through. “What have you got?” one fan asked another as they jostled in the first queue. “A piece of paper that’s as good as a piece of s***e,” he replied before turning to his teenage son. “Don’t worry, lad, we’ll get in. It’s the European Cup final, we always get in.” And how were they intending to do so? “We’re going to steam the c***s,” he explained.

Many of them did clearly succeed in getting in illegally because the Liverpool end last night was packed to the point where many feared it was becoming dangerous. The police were aware of a vast excess of bodies in the lower tier. When the game was still 30 minutes from starting, some fans at Gate 35 were screaming at stewards to stop letting any more people in.

Makes me so angry!!!

There's Liverpool great 'European history' again coming forward
  • Options
    128 detained for trying to enter ground without ticket.

'justice for the 128' campaign? i'd fine the bastards and refund the poor buggers that couldn't get in even though they had proper tickets.

liverpool fan quote "authorities have learnt nothing from hillsboro",
    sadly nor have the 'fans'.
  • Options
    do them for attempted murder.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for those who paid and were turned away, but the Greek police took exactly the right action. Clearly a lot of "fans" had got in without tickets/with forgeries to the point where the Liverpool end was full. The irresponsible thing would have been to cram more fans in and potentially cause another Hillsborough.

If those who had tickets but were excluded want to blame anyone it's their so called fellow fans who cheated them out of their seats and not the fault of the authorities. As others have said they should have gotten to their seats earlier, but that's an aside, Liverpool fans have got to learn that just because they don't have a ticket doesn't give them a right to break in. According to estimates around 50-70,000 Liverpool fans travelled to Athens when there were only 17,000 (already allocated) seats on offer. That is just plain dumb and an accident waiting to happen.
  • Options
    patrick barclay pretty much sums up my point of view in this article
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    agreed with 99% of the above.

However the bit in the Barclay article about the two corporate sponsors not getting through just about sums up the disgrace that football has become - Liverpool in the European Cup final and a guy who is a 'real sports enthusiast' who's favourite teams are MANURE and Wasps gets tickets over real fans - What a joke football has become.