Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Charlton Life General Election Exit Poll - 2017***

124»

Comments

• Just my impression Bournemouth, and not just formed over recent weeks but a longer period of time. I'm not a supporter of any of the main parties btw, but I personally found it all a big turn off (as you know I'd happily never have politics on here). Happily read anyone's views and take on board, when it's just slagging off and demonising the 'opposition' then it all gets a bit shit for me. Appreciate its not fully a one-way street, but it was started to get a bit too weighted for me bearing in mind our membership is pretty much a 50:50 split. Just my view mate
  • edited June 2017

At least you tried to defend the Tories, the problem they have is either people that support them aren't really engaged in politics enough to debate the detail, or are embaressed to admit they support them.

Or generally can't be arsed to get in a debate about having read a thousand times they are selfish, self-serving uncaring supporters of a nasty party, I would assume. Don't really blame them for thinking 'meh, you crack on'.
    Why not defend themselves and their beliefs - I think the right have a very narrow view of things if they believe attacks are aimed in one direction. Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser for instance - how vile and low is that? - find me something on a par with that lie.
  • Just my impression Bournemouth, and not just formed over recent weeks but a longer period of time. I'm not a supporter of any of the main parties btw, but I personally found it all a big turn off (as you know I'd happily never have politics on here). Happily read anyone's views and take on board, when it's just slagging off and demonising the 'opposition' then it all gets a bit shit for me. Appreciate its not fully a one-way street, but it was started to get a bit too weighted for me bearing in mind our membership is pretty much a 50:50 split. Just my view mate

Fair enough boss, I don't agree with the overall impression it had reduced just to slagging off the Tories any more than the reverse and I still think the standard of discussion on here is pretty bloody good comparatively so you should take some pride in that it doesn't stoop to that tbh.
  • edited June 2017
    Fiiish said:

The reason why Tories get more flak than Labour is simply because they have been in power and people are judging them on their record. Ed Miliband got a lot of flak because he and his front bench had served under Brown and as such carried that baggage with him. Corbyn is a lot more difficult to criticise because none of his team was particularly tainted by previous administrations and his manifesto was so well written it was hard to criticise. The worst people could do was repeat tabloid lies that he was Gerry Adams' best man and he sang at Gaddafi's daughter's birthday party. Although there was a dedicated team of about 5 Lifers who provided 24/7 coverage of whenever Diane Abbott scratched her arse.

This is exactly the point - Maybe our leader missed those posts. :) I like to think I and others was putting an economic case as well as a social one and trying to explain Labour's policies for instance. There were only three Conservative supporters who tried to explain beyond personal insults and a simple we can't afford it!
  • At least you tried to defend the Tories, the problem they have is either people that support them aren't really engaged in politics enough to debate the detail, or are embaressed to admit they support them.

Or generally can't be arsed to get in a debate about having read a thousand times they are selfish, self-serving uncaring supporters of a nasty party, I would assume. Don't really blame them for thinking 'meh, you crack on'.
    Why not defend themselves and their beliefs - I think the right have a very narrow view of things if they believe attacks are aimed in one direction. Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser for instance - how vile and low is that? - find me something on a par with that lie.
    We have learnt from our mistakes.
  • At least you tried to defend the Tories, the problem they have is either people that support them aren't really engaged in politics enough to debate the detail, or are embaressed to admit they support them.

Yet they started 2 Diane Abbott threads! Mmmm...