Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next season fixtures to be announced Wednesday 21st June

Apologies if announced elsewhere.

I will be looking for Plymouth Argyle away which will become my 'home' game for geographical reasons (living in Exeter)
and by co-incidence working only a stone's throw from Home Park tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    Can't wait... :sleeping:
  • Options
    Looking forward to all the big London derbys
  • Options

Apologies if announced elsewhere.

I will be looking for Plymouth Argyle away which will become my 'home' game for geographical reasons (living in Exeter)
    and by co-incidence working only a stone's throw from Home Park tomorrow.

I'll be looking for Plymouth away too, Mrs is from Torbay so hoping for an early season fixture whilst the weather is still decent.
  • Options
    First game, last game, Boxing Day, New Year, Easter, and which fixtures will qualify as the grim up North midweek fixtures.
    Portsmouth at home may well be the biggest attendance.
  • Options
    Dates for your diaries:-

Key dates for the 2017/18 season have been confirmed, with EFL fixtures returning on the first weekend in August.
    Fixtures for the 2017/18 season – which are due to be announced on Wednesday 21st June – will see all three divisions of the EFL kick-off over the weekend Friday 4th to Sunday 6th August.

The regular season will continue until the weekend of 5th May 2018, when the Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League One and League Two will all come to a close.

The EFL Play-Off Finals will then take place on successive days at Wembley Stadium over a Bank Holiday weekend in May, starting with the Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Final on Saturday 26th, ahead of the season finale for Sky Bet League One on Sunday 27th and Sky Bet League Two on Monday 28th May. The order of the Play-Offs has been reversed – i.e the Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Final will take place on the Saturday - to assist with international call-ups ahead of the 2018 World Cup.

Supporters will have plenty of opportunities to watch their team play over the festive period with full fixture programmes on Saturday 23rd December, Boxing Day, Saturday 30th December and Monday 1st January 2018.

Round One of the Carabao Cup will take place immediately after the season openers, with midweek slots on week commencing Monday 7th August. The majority of Premier League teams will join the competition from Round Two although those competing in European competitions will join in Round Three. The 2018 final is scheduled for Sunday 25th February.

The 2017/18 Checkatrade Trophy will begin towards the end of opening month, with the first round of fixtures scheduled for week commencing Monday 28th August.

Key Dates - 2017/18
    Sky Bet EFL fixtures announced: 21st June 2017
    Sky Bet EFL season starts: weekend of 5th August 2017
    Carabao Cup starts: week commencing 7th August 2017
    Checkatrade Trophy starts: week commencing 28th August 2017
    Sky Bet EFL regular season ends: weekend of 5th May 2018
    Sky Bet EFL Play-Off Finals: weekend of 26th - 28th May 2018
  • Options
    Carabao Cup?!
  • Options
    Isn't the draw for the Carabao cup usually before the league fixtures ?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

I think it's usually the day before - so next Tuesday, if that's right.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

J BLOCK said:

I think it's usually the day before - so next Tuesday, if that's right.
    A whole week to wait. Not sure what I can do to contain myself until then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

I should get my eyes seen to, at first I thought it read Haribo!
  • Options
    I think the draw for the league cup is this friday
  • Options

I think the draw for the league cup is this friday

You're absolutely right - Dr Kish has confirmed. Friday at 1.00pm on Facebook.

Forest Green Rovers away would do nicely. It would be only good manners to provide them with their first cup win as a league side.
  • Options
    The U23'S fixtures might be more interesting next season.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    actually suprised ive got quite a few to tick off, the ones i will try and get to are;

afc wimbledon
    bradford
    bristol rovers
    fleetwood or blackpool - make a weekend of it
    northampton
    plymouth
    pompey
    southend
    wigan
    gillingam

regarding cup games as always a big premier league team would be nice; man u, city, chelsea, arsenal, would say spurs but sod wembley when we will be there end of the season winning the playoffs :wink:
  • Options
    Another day I used to get excited about that's just nothing now.
    Thanks Duchat.
  • Options
    Wonder if the club spoke to the FA to see if we can play Portsmouth at home in early December...... all gone a bit quiet on the 25 year anniversary front....
  • Options
    We can plan which games to get abandoned.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Don't want a home game for the first game of the season as I am on holiday, although coming back from Devon that day so away to Plymouth, Brizzle Rovers or even Pompey would be ok
  • Options
    Only interested in Brizzle for family reasons, otherwise will get to the aways I can afford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My first and probably only game will be St Truiden away - but I guess it wont be shown in the fixtures list to be published next week !!
  • Options
    I still enjoy fixture release day.

It provides a form of escapism, where I think about "Charlton", and not about RD or the regime, and I think about the team - such as it is - and where the tricky runs are; or where I'm gonna go on away days; or what games are good for a couple of beers and when.

It's exciting, and it happens during good weather before the season has started, and while I'm feeling hopeful about football!

And I feel like that up until kick off on day one of the season, when I get the chance to see the new arrivals/how the team looks, at which point I'll start judging.

Knowing this regime, the honeymoon period post fixture release doesn't last long (71 minutes of playing time vs Bury last year, or less if you consider how dire we looked before eventually conceding), but... Yeah, I'm gonna look forward to mentally planning out the season. I hope everyone else can do the same!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I still enjoy fixture release day.

It provides a form of escapism, where I think about "Charlton", and not about RD or the regime, and I think about the team - such as it is - and where the tricky runs are; or where I'm gonna go on away days; or what games are good for a couple of beers and when.

It's exciting, and it happens during good weather before the season has started, and while I'm feeling hopeful about football!

And I feel like that up until kick off on day one of the season, when I get the chance to see the new arrivals/how the team looks, at which point I'll start judging.

Knowing this regime, the honeymoon period post fixture release doesn't last long (71 minutes of playing time vs Bury last year, or less if you consider how dire we looked before eventually conceding), but... Yeah, I'm gonna look forward to mentally planning out the season. I hope everyone else can do the same!

Bury away, two minutes into the season before the first "we want Roland out" went up.

Will that be beaten?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Wonder if the club spoke to the FA to see if we can play Portsmouth at home in early December...... all gone a bit quiet on the 25 year anniversary front....

Forgotten about that. What a damning indictment on them that 25 years after we fought so hard to get home and played in front of what 8/9k, we may be playing in front of less than that. That will sum up their regime in my opinion
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

Forgotten about that. What a damning indictment on them that 25 years after we fought so hard to get home and played in front of what 8/9k, we may be playing in front of less than that. That will sum up their regime in my opinion
    Couldn't agree more, spoke to Damian Matthew yesterday and said exactly that, here we are nearly 25 years on and outside the building structure the owner has managed to undo in 3 years the last 30.

I don't know if the FA or EFL would have considered the request or even if the club made it.